Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dem Debate

Post Thanks / Like

Dem Debate

Anyone else see this? It was comical at times even for a Rep. like myself. I just don't understand the views of Dems? How can they still rant and rave that when they are in office all poverty will be targeted for elimination and all U.S. citizens will have Healthcare? Once more who can believe that? How many terms has a Dem been in office? Why hasn't the poverty stricken people been removed from the system then? Because they can't is the answer how can yo help every single person when not every single person wants help? They also talk of blacks as being in poverty like they are the only ones, what about the whites? Hispanics? Aisians? Heck look at Eastern KY! They claim blacks because that's who they are pandering to.

Universal Healthcare? Who pays for that? According to Edwards you take the money that we spend in the war and bring it home and that fixes the problem. Also they will raise taxes and who can afford that? These Dems won't be happy until I struggle from all this Government support and it makes me a part of their system! I pray people understand that more Government is not the answer...personal responsibility for your actions and weaning people off the system is the answer. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dem Debate

Amen!!!
    I Watched Some Of The "low-lights" Of The Debate....makes Me Glad To Be A Rep! Dems Are All About The Minorities In This Country. They Direct Their Messages Towards Them In Order To Get Their Votes. They Want More Of Our Hard Earned Money So They Can In Turn Provide All Those People Who Do Nothing With More Stuff....crazy!!?? Including Illegals! If The Dems Win....we'll Have Have An Influx Of Illegals Like This Country Has Never Seen. You Think We Have A Problem Now....just Wait!!!
    Let Me Wrap It Up....here's What We Have To Look Forward To If A Dem Wins The Presidency....
    1) Higher Taxes
    2) Universal Healthcare
    3) More Illegals
    4) Withdrawl From Iraq Allowing Terrorists To Regroup And Refortify For Another Attack On Us Soil
    5) Decreased National Security
    6) Gay Marriage
    7) Pro-abortion Rights
    ........the List Can Go On, But I'll Stop It There. Does That Sound Good To Anyone? If It Does.....you Need Help!!! Vote Rep!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me that the last 8 years should be enought to keep anyone from voting republican. Any of the democratic candidates would be a huge improvement to our current situation/administration. At least Bush did give some good material to Saturday Night Live - and that is the only positive aspect of his tenure as president. I don't see any of the other republican candidates as an improvement to Bush either. Maybe a few of them are literate and able to carry on an intelligent conversation - I guess that is an improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    It seems to me that the last 8 years should be enought to keep anyone from voting republican. Any of the democratic candidates would be a huge improvement to our current situation/administration. At least Bush did give some good material to Saturday Night Live - and that is the only positive aspect of his tenure as president. I don't see any of the other republican candidates as an improvement to Bush either. Maybe a few of them are literate and able to carry on an intelligent conversation - I guess that is an improvement.
    I think Bush is very intelligent he might not be a polished speaker but that's fine with me. Sorry man I totally disagree about the Dems. The Rep. candidates don't totally turn me on and I will be the first to admit I'll be choosing the one who does not support abortion, higher taxes, more government and so on. But they will support our troops, secure the borders and help fix the healthcare system without going to Universal Healthcare. There are many other issues but I have to get back to work!! hagd

Post Thanks / Like

I was just trying to stir the pot a little.

My main disagreement with the republican party is education. I am a teacher and education is my life. All other issues aside - I will vote for the first person that promises to eliminate G. Bush's "No Child Left Behind" plan. This plan is causing the educaion system to crumble from the foundation down. The sad part about this, is that "No Child Left Behind" is viewed as a quality plan among republicans. In reality it places an unrealistic expectation on schools, and penalizes those schools that need the most help. The good schools get a pat on the back, and the bad schools lose funding - there are no rewards, just a fear of losing money. The struggling schools are the schools with the greatest needs (both financially and program suppor). Good teachers are seeking other employment options because of the added demands of the job with no hope in sight higher pay. I have a Master's degree, almost two Master's and I make less than any of my friends with a Bachelor's degree. I do it because I love it and truly enjoy what I do. However the republican agenda and education plans are starting to take the enjoyment out of it. We all vote based on what is most important to us, However, I think education is an issue that greatly affects us all. Although I don't agree 100% with the democratic party, they offer the best solutions to education reform - or should I say re-structuring.

The only downfall of this is where will the money come from for any improvements? Republicans don't want to raise taxes (which the majority of school funding is tax based). They don't want to cut back on other expenditures (a war that is sucking all of the available money from the american people). It doesn't seem you can logically have one without the other. It just seems to me that the republican philosophy is "if aint broke don't fix it" but if you walk around with your eyes closed refusing to accept that there are problems - nothing seems broke.

Post Thanks / Like

Col.

I will have to disagree with you also about Mr. Bush. No one said that being President had to be a position of Might, great Looks, a well balanced speaking tongue and a wide vast knowledge of everything in the world. Hell I applaud the man for his job he's done in office. Name another President who faced his turmoil since 911, other than when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor.

Now as far as the "No Child Left Behind" dilemma goes. Sorry but I don't buy the explanation of it penalizing the smaller schools. It's "your" and every other Teacher's job to teach the kids while they attend school. Plus the parents to kick in and teach when they are not at school. No one said being a Teacher was going to be easy, do what you must in order to give the very best knowledge back to the kids. I understand that some schools are in need of more teachers, the Superintendent should get more teachers for his respective schools under his leadership. It's not only the Main Governments job to raise taxes to help support the schools, but the local taxes are there as well. Your local Government Officials could have a plan and vote to raise local taxes and you'd get more money for education.

Instead of local City Officials, going around worrying about a Catfish stuck up on a Pole, they should worry more about making sure each child in their district gets all the development in their education that they can.

So in general, I know this...When I joined the Military, no one told me I had to get some College education in my back ground in order to progress up the Chain of Command to the fullest I could. Well I did and I went as far as I wanted to go before I retired, but I could have just as easily not gotten a higher education and then got out of the Army before Retirement.... Same goes for anyone else out in the Civilian Market...In order to progress and make more money...More Learning is involved to get more money....

Post Thanks / Like

Col,
    A little different take...My sister teaches 4th grade and to my amazement she tells me of the disrespect that comes from some of these little kids. Which is a direct result of a lack of parenting at home. The foul language, the sex talk and the general bad attitude really disappointments me. My hat is off to you because I could not teach kids like that. I know you didn't mention what grade you teach but I find it hard to believe it gets better. Have a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, It is a different world now in schools than it was even 10 years ago. I have taught at elementary, middle and now highschool. It seems that some kids have lost that respect for adults that all of us were taught. You wouldn't believe the notes I read that I find on the floor - enough to make hugh hefner emabarassed. I can tell you that moving from the lexington are to Western Kentucky that there is a huge difference. Families are still very much involved, and behaviors ar not near the issue as they were around Lex. So I guess I do have somewhat conservative views when it comes to family values. I do miss the lexington area - especially the elkhorn, but the two big lakes keep me company.

I love threads like this - it is good to see views different from your own, and to understand where people are coming from. And it gets the bass out of my head for a few minutes (CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!!!).

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Dem Debate

And it gets the bass out of my head for a few minutes (CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!!!).
    Col. Dem Bass's ain't never out of my head.... I think I get Cabin fever everytime I ain't on the water......I'd just as soon live on the water, so I could always have a line getting wet........

Cabin fever will soon be over with and we'll be back out getting our lines tugged on.......

Post Thanks / Like

LETS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY......BUSH WAS PRESIDENT DURING THE LARGEST ATTACK ON U.S SOIL (BESIDES P.H.), AND HAS KEPT US "ATTACK FREE" SINCE. WHAT A HUGE SUCCESS! IF I RECALL CORRECTLY, THE LAST DEM IN THE WHITEHOUSE TURN HIS HEAD THE OTHER WAY TO ISLAMIC RADICALISTS, REDUCED OUR MILITARY AND COMMITTED ADULTERY? HMMM......AND NOW PEOPLE WANT THEM BACK IN THE WHITEHOUSE???????

Post Thanks / Like

Clyde,
    What branch were you in? How many years did you put in? Don't mean to get personal I'm just curious.
    I spent 4 years in the Army and since I knew everything by the age of 22 I got out so I could make my millions! lol.....I enjoyed my time in and I surprised my Dad by not staying in since he was a 30 year Navy man. I have the utmost respect for men and women who have served and who serve today. It's a different life for sure....hagd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    LETS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY......BUSH WAS PRESIDENT DURING THE LARGEST ATTACK ON U.S SOIL (BESIDES P.H.), AND HAS KEPT US "ATTACK FREE" SINCE. WHAT A HUGE SUCCESS! IF I RECALL CORRECTLY, THE LAST DEM IN THE WHITEHOUSE TURN HIS HEAD THE OTHER WAY TO ISLAMIC RADICALISTS, REDUCED OUR MILITARY AND COMMITTED ADULTERY? HMMM......AND NOW PEOPLE WANT THEM BACK IN THE WHITEHOUSE???????

You forgot to mention that Clinton pulled us out of a recession, revived the economy and cleared our neational deficit so that we had the only surpluss of money we have had in years. I believe it is a little different lying to the american people in matters concerning marriage fidelity than lying to congress and the american people and getting us into a war. Bush told us they had proof of Weapons of Mass destruction, so we went to War. Where are those?? I know there are other reasons we are there - however, this is what was used to convince the people that it was something we must do. Yes that is good we haven't been attacked since 9/11 - but any person in their right mind would have raised national security following those events, so I am not crediting Bush with "not being attacked," Give it a few years - Bush's legacy will be that he was the worst president in modern history - at least the last 100 years. Don't get me wrong - I am not anti-republican, we have had some outstanding republican presidents - Bush, however, is not one of them.