Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tyme's last week: They want me to stay

Manager talked to me last night and really wants me stay. Says, "Take February off and then let me know if you want to come back." I told the manager that February off will just tease me and not get me used to "retirement." I didn't slam the door in the manager's face, but I did say, "Don't count on me coming back. But thanks for the offer."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tyme's last week: They want me to stay

Of course he wants you to come back...You know the job better than most and he knows that if your gone, a lot of knowledge will be missing from his production. He'll have to find someone new to take your place, and that probably won't be easy....

Post Thanks / Like

From what I remember they really didn't treat you well on insurance and time off? Why would you consider staying? If you had a thought of staying how about get a contract written with your every wish and demand of what you want and present that to them? Even if you kept it semi-realistic about time off, pay and benefits the ball is in their court and now they decide how their company will move forward but be ready if they say ok. I would not return with the same package you have now that's for sure. Other than that I would move on.....

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it is time to ask for a raise and an increase in vacation time. Use this to your advantage and pad the nest egg.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can afford it, RUN ! , don't walk to the nearest door and never look back.
    I left 4 yrs ago and haven't regretted it one minute. !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If you can afford it, RUN ! , don't walk to the nearest door and never look back.
    I left 4 yrs ago and haven't regretted it one minute. !!!
    How about if I "waddle" instead of run?
    I've been gone for 39 days now and loving every rainy,snowy minute of not working.

Post Thanks / Like

It was 92,i had just gone on salary as a tech, nice raise, and they handed all 8 of us brand new pagers. That afternoon the boss calls me in after the shift, and tells me there is a buy out plan for guys who almost had their retirement points, This waas the final buy out.I only needed twoyears to reach full pension.Just turned 58.You dont need to accept it, think about it!That night my wife came home from work beaming, she had just got a two grand raise, she was ecstatic and happy as heck. I told her what had happened. she said TAKE IT! She turned in her notice. My early buy out was contingent on me training my replacements, and they being certified.Myfirst trainee was my former plant manager, he already knew some of the processes, took 4 weeks beforwe he soloed. My next one was a production supervisior from another plant. That was a challenge, took six weeks. I left in aug of 92, and have NEVER regretted it, or took another job. We had 12 perfect years together, We moved from the city, live in the boonies,and finally cancer took her away. One of my friends worked there 6 more years, retired, and several months later had a stroke.There is one thing we both said, we were built for retirement.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry, I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's passing.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the curses of the internet, is there is so much info about cancer, we knew it was terminal and had 7 monthtogether, all but 6 of them were pretty good.But we also dicussed the quality of the life we did have. We traveled, she finally got a dog that adored her,and that God was indeed merciful, because she had some serious impending diseases she would need to face in a few more years.She died at home with me and a close friend of ours, and it was very peacefull, if we would have continued to work possibly none of these good times would have happened.There is only so much sand in that hour glass, memories are better than unfullfilled plans.