Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Japanese Snakeheads

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Man Do I Feel Stupid.....it Had To Have Been A Bowfin. I'd Never Seen One Before Today. Oops! Sorry Guys! Now I Can Finally Sleep At Night....it's Been A Long 2 Years! Lol! :d :d :d

P.s.
    I Like Caps! Lol!
    Man I love to catch Mudfish! We would spot them in the spring fed rivers in Florida and pitch soft plastice to them (it's cheaper than a spinnerbait because they would destroy them). Great fight and some of them get pretty big.

Post Thanks / Like

I was with a guy fishing Patoka Lake several years ago when he caught a huge Bowfin/Grenlin. The two of us had been tossing minnows out for crappie. He caught it right against the bank. At first we though it was a monster bass. I came to the surface just enough to see the big bass looking head. But then it rolled around and dove deep. He was not able to reel it up to the boat so we made our way to the bank and drug it up to the shore. By then a passing Conservation Officer came by to see what we were doing. He's the one that identified it for us. He then measured it, weighed it, and asked what we were gonna do with it. I said, shoot the SOB but alas, it was released. It weighed 12lb 3 ounces. What an ugly fish. But it was cool fighting that thing.

Post Thanks / Like

In Mississippi, it's "grinnel". First time we caught one, I was 8 and visiting relatives, I about wet myself.