Search Fishin.com

Thread: west point lake

Post Thanks / Like

west point lake

Myself and some friends planning a trip to west point lake in March for some crappie fishing. Does Georgia and Alabama have a reciprocal liscence agreement. Also we need a place to stay any suggestions?
    Thanks Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: west point lake

I used to fish at West Point Lake all the time when I was younger. Georgia does have reciprocal license agreements. We used to go to put our boat in at Highland Marina, located in Lagrange, GA. They have cabins that you can rent, but I don't know how much they run. You can rent them from the Marina. Last time I was down there about 13-15 years ago, they had 2-3 places you could put in your boat. We have never put in a boat in any of the Alabama ramps.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply we do have reservations at Highland now. I did some checking about the liscence it sounds like I can use it in parts of the lake but not all. If anybody knows for sure I would appreciate it.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: west point lake

Actually, you CAN use your Alabama licence in all parts of West Point. There are various places you can go to get fishing reports for West Point. The guide who does the reports at www.havefunfishing.com has a tackle shop which I hear is pretty good. There is also a WalMart not too far away which is well stocked. We (my family and I) rented cabins at Highland Marina last summer and had a great time.

Their reastarunt is pretty good, but the service is slow. They have fish cleaning stations free to use. Just up from the marina's cove is YellowJacket Creek which usually holds some great Crappie fishing, usually around the bridges and rip-rap.

Enjoy it, I am sure you will have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. One of my crew got seriously hurt at work so we have postponed our trip till next year.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cdawley4 View Post
    I used to fish at West Point Lake all the time when I was younger. Georgia does have reciprocal license agreements. We used to go to put our boat in at Highland Marina, located in Lagrange, GA. They have cabins that you can rent, but I don't know how much they run. You can rent them from the Marina. Last time I was down there about 13-15 years ago, they had 2-3 places you could put in your boat. We have never put in a boat in any of the Alabama ramps.

Hope that helps.

Do you know if the crappie are running in lagrange? I want to go out this saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have not made it down yet, I'll be going at the end of the month.
    Mike