Search Fishin.com

Thread: reelfoot lake

Post Thanks / Like

reelfoot lake

I am from the louisville area and was thinking of making a trip to reelfoot in the middle of april. I will be bass fishing and probably trying a little crappie fishing. I need to know where the best place to put in will be and if there is a place close that has cabins as we will be staying there most of the week. I have never fished it and needing to know the best lures to try that time of year and places to look for bass and crappie.Or are any of the fishing packages worth checking out. I have my own boat Any thoughts on this will be greatly appricated Thx to all

Post Thanks / Like

Re: reelfoot lake

As for cabins, I'd suggest calling Boyette's Resort and they can do you good. Depending upon what kind of boat you have whether you should ask for a package deal. I have an alweld jetdrive and have no issue, but prop drive boats have to be slow and careful... fiberglas is not an option I'd consider. There are ramps all around the lake and maps available as well. The crappie bite will likely be dropping off and the bass bite just beginning as a usual idea. Good luck.......Shoalrunner

Post Thanks / Like

For heavens sake don't take your own boat or you will be very sorry. Hitting stumps in Reelfoot with prop driven boats isn't a question, it's reality of HOW MANY you are going to hit. Get a package deal, and be happy you did, trust me.

Post Thanks / Like

Man oh man is that the truth (LEAVE YOU BOAT AT HOME) I took a brand new Sea Nymph down quite a few years ago bent a prop and hung the boat up on a stump put a dent in the bottom not bad but enough. Grays cabins on the west side are good people as well. If you have a motorhome, Samburg motel had camp spots right on the water. I Used a grayshad culprit texas rigged and pegged for 4 trips always did well on the southeast side down to ble something resorts next to all the roots. Watch for snakes they won't hurt ya but man I hate to reach out and find one on a limb or the dock.