My daugthter needs a baby sitter for the grandchildren February 8th (they live in Lexington) and she has called grandpa up for duty. For me, I need another "FNF brown fish fix" this season).

More then ready to go to Lexington take care of the grandchildreen, age 1/1/2 and 6! LOVE THEM, ...But...But..But..can't drive that far (3.5 hours from Evansville) and get that close to LC (1.5 hours)or DH with out dragging the boat along for a side trip and a little FNF this time of the year. Have caught some (first brown fish on FNF this season) and it seems once if you catch a brown fish on FNF you "hooked", at least that's what appears to have happened to me! Will try LC first and if that isn't working, then not that far to Dale Hollow. Also, just recieved some nice peanut jigs from Andrew at Dale Hollow and would love to give them a try on some of the lake/creek points for SM. Seems you guys in the hollow continue to boat a lot of nice brown fish with the peanut, as well as FNF. But, if FNF is working, the jigs will have to wait until warmer weather. Haven't heard whether the recent cold weather has produced any "shad kill", but if it has the guys in the know say the FNF should be even better. If you believe in the solar calendar, fishing should be great that weekend. See link to In-fisherman calendar: http://www.in-fisherman.com/reference/solunar/IFD_solunar0208.jpg

Will most likely launch out of Halcombs Landing at LC and fish main lake and secondary creek points on South shore in the Indian and Beaver/Otter creek areas. By the way, if you haven't been to Halcombs since the COE finished the new ramp, IT IS FIRST RATE (granted you have a little walk from the ramp to the parking lot, but that seems to be the general situation at most LC ramps). They even have an JOHN located in the parking area; what about that! If not launching out of Halcombs, then Pumpkin Creek or Jamestown. If I go to DH, then I'll be lauching out of state park. That area is new to me!!

Would appreciate any reports/advice from those who have been chasing those brown fish lately in the Western (dam) end of LC, i.e., Indian Creek, Beaver Creek, Otter Creek and Greassy Creek/Pumpkin Creek, OR DALE HOLLOW STATE PARK.

Thanks to ALL YOU guys at SMALLJAWS.COM for the great reports on SM at DH.

GOOD FISHING TO All AND THANKS FOR ANY HELP ON FISHING RECOMMENDATIONS.
Gary

Good Fishing
Gary