Search Fishin.com

Thread: Bob Knight

Post Thanks / Like

Bob Knight

Well fellas he has retired and I for one think he has done a great job. He became a bear but the guy loved his job. These kind of guy's will be missed in the College game.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bob Knight

I've always liked Bobby. He may have done alot of things that I don't agree with, but he was an outstanding coach. Some of his press rants are the greatest! He always was up there with the highest graduation rates of players, I think that says alot for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I always liked the guy. Yea he's done some crazy things losing his temper but so have alot of people including myself. He never cheated and did everything from good ole hard work. He's also an avid outdoorsmen and I think some of us might be able to relate to that. He also loved his kids especially the ones that were made of something.

Post Thanks / Like

Awful sudden retirement, wonder what's really up with that?

Can't say I like the guy, but like everyone else I have a lot of respect for him. Plus he could throw salad and sling chairs further than anyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

DH,
    Sports Center talked about him stepping down to give his son some coaching time for the remaining games of the season. He said he would still be around to help as needed. Maybe it's true and he is wanting to play the system to get his son some experience. If the real story is different the truth will come out soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Bob Knight

Been one of Coach Knights biggest fans since he was hired at Indiana University from Army. He didn't take no crap off no one, to me he's the greatest coach of his time. Didn't cheat to win, didn't need to.....Maybe I can get him to go fishing with me now that he's retired....Wouldn't that be a hoot.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Been one of Coach Knights biggest fans since he was hired at Indiana University from Army. He didn't take no crap off no one, to me he's the greatest coach of his time. Didn't cheat to win, didn't need to.....Maybe I can get him to go fishing with me now that he's retired....Wouldn't that be a hoot.......
    Denny Crum says he's great to fish with. Completely calm and low key and just enjoys the day. He and Joe B have talked several times how the General is a completely different customer out in the field. Look at how ALOT of his players turned out in life, not basketball but life, not too shaby if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like

Confession. Bobby called me as I was leaving the workforce at the same time.He said, Well, Tyme if you're leaving so am I. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Purdue Grad!!!!
    Last edited by Tyme2fish; 02-07-2008 at 10:43 PM.