Search Fishin.com

Thread: Water Link

Post Thanks / Like

Water Link

I have some water coming in my back compartment ('87 bass tracker/fiber glass), only when I am running hard on the water. Alot of water comes it when I do this (thank God for Bilge pumps). When Im sitting or trolling its fine.

Any Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water Link

Check for missing fittings on you drains and fill ports on the hull. Sometimes they get knocked off. Also check your rub rail and see if water is hitting it while you are running.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you get a lot of spray where the transducer is making contact with the water. Transducer for your depth finder?

Or when you stop is water coming over the back end of the transom from back wash?

Can't think of any other reason why you would just get water in the boat while running hard but not while trolling.

Unless you have a hole in the front of your boat above the water line.

I had a crack in the front of my boat that let water into the boat when I ran into big waves. I had to have that crack welded shut and they they welded a big alumiunm plate over the front part of my John Boat shaped bass boat. My boat was purchased the year before Fishermarine started making modified front ends on their aluminum bass boats. So when I hit a wave it practically stops my boat if the front of the boat hits the wave square on. I learned to set the motor angle to keep the front of the boat up higher than normal to prevent water from coming over the front of the boat in waves.

If your plug was not in good it would leak while you are trolling also. There must be something happening when you are underway as when you are not. You boat's position in the water is changed which is causing the water to come into the boat.

I found another leak which was coming from my Live Well. Could your live well or the hoses going to our coming out of the live well be leaking? That's another possiblity and something to check.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am View Post
    Do you get a lot of spray where the transducer is making contact with the water. Transducer for your depth finder?

Or when you stop is water coming over the back end of the transom from back wash?

Can't think of any other reason why you would just get water in the boat while running hard but not while trolling.

Unless you have a hole in the front of your boat above the water line.

I had a crack in the front of my boat that let water into the boat when I ran into big waves. I had to have that crack welded shut and they they welded a big alumiunm plate over the front part of my John Boat shaped bass boat. My boat was purchased the year before Fishermarine started making modified front ends on their aluminum bass boats. So when I hit a wave it practically stops my boat if the front of the boat hits the wave square on. I learned to set the motor angle to keep the front of the boat up higher than normal to prevent water from coming over the front of the boat in waves.

If your plug was not in good it would leak while you are trolling also. There must be something happening when you are underway as when you are not. You boat's position in the water is changed which is causing the water to come into the boat.

I found another leak which was coming from my Live Well. Could your live well or the hoses going to our coming out of the live well be leaking? That's another possiblity and something to check.
    Thanks for the tips, I've checked most of them. I will check my livewell next time while running hard, that could be it.

Post Thanks / Like

if you have a speedometer or water press. gauge and the tube has frozen and split it will pump a lot in your boat,livewells should not pump water in when you are running,,i.e if you leave the drain open and take off your fish will be dry in a few miles..