Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Rain and flooding???

Boys if we don't get a break, longer than say three days, lol, we are set up for some serious problems with our lakes and streams come spring. If we have a wetter than average or even normal if this keeps up it's gonna get rough. I've gauged a ton of rain here since the first of Dec., it's been a bunch. I heard this morning the count is up to 35 people lost their lives due to last nights storms over a four state area. In Feb., that's just plain nuts, we need a break. I don't know if I believe totally in Global Warming or not, but there is definetely something bizzare going on with this weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rain and flooding???

I hear ya man. My yard has lost dirt and grass from the river that runs through it every time we get these wet days. I'll have to put some more dirt on the yard this Spring. Amazing when you think about how dry it was this past Summer huh? Shoot, where has the snow gone?
    Global warming is a thought but I just don't know the facts...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to get political on this but, I look at it this way if you dump a gal. of gas in a small room and lite it, it gets hot...If you burn billions of gal. of gas something is going to get hot....That being said I remember when I was young many years ago it would snow in Dec. and we would have snow on the ground thru Feb....The lord said he would never flood the earth again....He didn't say we would'nt...Can you imagine 1.3 billion people in China all driving and no E.P.A. overthere....Something is going to get hot...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    I don't want to get political on this but, I look at it this way if you dump a gal. of gas in a small room and lite it, it gets hot...If you burn billions of gal. of gas something is going to get hot....That being said I remember when I was young many years ago it would snow in Dec. and we would have snow on the ground thru Feb....The lord said he would never flood the earth again....He didn't say we would'nt...Can you imagine 1.3 billion people in China all driving and no E.P.A. overthere....Something is going to get hot...
    Chuck when are you working this weekend? Uncle John and myself are threating to go to the Strader show, maybe you would like to go with us?? When haven't married ourselves to it yet nor a day or time, just kickin it around right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Chuck when are you working this weekend? Uncle John and myself are threating to go to the Strader show, maybe you would like to go with us?? When haven't married ourselves to it yet nor a day or time, just kickin it around right now.
    Mark, Man that sounds like fun, but unfortunetly I go back to work on Sun, and between my daughter getting ready for a horse show and my honey dew list on Sat. I'm just happy I get to fish tomorrow!!! Thanks for the invite and tell big John I said hey...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Mark, Man that sounds like fun, but unfortunetly I go back to work on Sun, and between my daughter getting ready for a horse show and my honey dew list on Sat. I'm just happy I get to fish tomorrow!!! Thanks for the invite and tell big John I said hey...Chuck
    You got it brother. I was talking about at night in the evening though. We understand, maybe next time.