• No

8 28.57%
  • Maybe

5 17.86%
  • More than one day

1 3.57%
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim Strader Hunting and Fishing Expo

The "Jim Strader Hunting and Fishing Expo" is this weekend Febraury 8, 9, and 10th.
    There will be a Free Country Music concert Friday and Saturday from 7PM to 8PM by the JD Shelburne Band. You can hear some of JD's music on WHAS.com by going to the Jim Strader Page and clicking on the links.
    Speakers for Fishing will be:
    Stephen Headrick Smallmouth Bass Fishing
    Jim Durham Striper Fishing
    Craig Hipsher Crappie Fishing
    Hunting Speakers are:
    Hal Shaffer & Ken Cobb on Deer and Turkey
    Jerry Peterson on Deer Calling and
    Tony Hartlage on Waterfowl
    Stop by the Fishin.com booth. We will have some Rods and a Fishing Trip for you to take chances on, to benefit No Boundaries Kentucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Update

WEll I went in to set up today and there are a ton of new Fishing Tackle Exhibitors this year. The usual bulk soft plastics and inexpensive reels are there, and several tackle dealers from the past are there, but I saw at least 4 NEW full tackle store set ups.. Should be just about anything you want this year.
    IF you are interested in a Trip to Alaska, Brazil, Cabo San Lucas, Ontario for a Fly in Muskie Trip, stop by the Group Fishing Trip.com Booth next to Fishin.com for some great deals.
    Alaska as low as $1690 including flight, meals, lodging, 3 guided trips and rental car for 4 people.
    Cabo San Lucas for $65.00 per night in motel boat for $475 a day for 4 people.. or $120 per person fishing for Marlin, Dorado, Roosterfish, Sailfish, on the El Budster which caught the World Record Dorado.
    I will have videos from Green Island Lodge, and from the Lodge in Brazil.
    Stop by and ask me for one of the nice pens I purchased to give away at the show.. ONLY 45 left.. so you have to ask..
    There is plenty of new Hunting Gear also, but this is a fishing site so.. I am not going to delve into that.
    Stephen Headrick, Jim Durham, and Craig Hipsher, all weekend, and Bob Coan the Master of the Float and Fly will be there Saturday and Sunday at the Fishin.com Booth or the Punisher Lures Booth.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jim Strader Hunting and Fishing Expo

Not going. After an hour of deer calls, duck calls, goose callls, turkey calls, elk calls and others I get a big old headache. Not really a show for fishermen who fish for peace and quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

I did see at least one good deal down there this morning. One of the vendors has All-Star rods for 50 dollars a piece. He said they were new, not re-conditioned. I know when I bought mine a while back, I paid over a 100 dollars for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Not going. After an hour of deer calls, duck calls, goose callls, turkey calls, elk calls and others I get a big old headache. Not really a show for fishermen who fish for peace and quiet.
    The noise level is way down, this year. Not sure why but not many goose and duck callers, mostly Turkey though there are 2 seminars on waterfowl.
    tons of fishing tackle deals.. and more tackle than I have seen in the past.
    If you like to fish, you need to see the tackle and ignore the sounds... Its more enjoyable to fish with stuff you saved money on and your stress level is lower as well.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a good one this year. I found some great deals. I bought an Airrus rod - and I can't believe this rod. Light as a feather, no cork in front of the reel seat, so your front fingers are resting directly on the blank. Also picked up a new citica for almost nothing after the rebate.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Jim Strader Hunting and Fishing Expo

Bought one AIRRUS rod at the Boat Show, Bought another at Strader Show. Both from A2O. Great people. Thought the show was "expanded" from years past. More "stuff", good seminars, good "deals"