Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Romney Throws in the Towel

Romney has dropped out of the Republican race. I'm figuring he already spent millions of his own money, and after a disappointing super Tuesday doesn't want to dig any deeper.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romney Throws in the Towel

Good to hear!!! One down, two to go. McCain I can deal with, or at least live with - even though he won't get my vote. However, I could never trust someone like Romney that changes his views as often as I do lures on a rough day of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

It does show that he is a good business man. Not real fond of McCain...

Post Thanks / Like

So Col, let's air it out. You're going to vote the Clinton/Obama ticket then? If you do, be sure and send that tax rebate check you'll be getting soon back to the government. Might as well get a jump on things to come.

Me, I'm stuck with McCain now. Not that thrilled, but I won't be voting for the two most liberal politicians in the U.S. of A. Can you image having to say and hear President Obama? Heaven help us all.

Heard some guy on a morning show my wife left on while I was getting ready for work this morning telling us about a rapper whose name he couldn't even pronounce releasing a little diddy about Barack. "Powerful stuff" the guy said.
    Last edited by Devils Horse; 02-07-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - no secret, I will vote dem. The tax cuts never helped me out much. I guess teachers are not rich enough for the republican tax plan to really benefit. As a realist I see that we can't afford to keep the tax cuts and support a war at the same time - it just doesn't make sense to me. These expenditures are having a tremendous negative affect on all aspects of our country. Bush just released his fiscal proposal/budget plan for next year, and in order to support all of our expenditures (Especially War and Tax breaks) the national education budget will be losing 3.9 BILLION dollars in federal funding. I guess some of those kids will get left behind. I have said this before, we all vote on the issues that are most important to us individually, and I have yet to hear a Republican with an acceptable plan for economic restoration and more importantly (to me) educational improvement - you can't really have one without the other.

I love money, But a few hundred dollars more on a tax rebate does not persuade me either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks Like The Dems Got What They Wanted.....mccain! It Really Says Something About Where We Are As A Society When Honorable, Intelligent, And Worthy Candidates Can't Make It Over Swindeling, Lobbying, Liars Like Mccain!

There's Been A Shift To The Left Through Out All Of America, And We Are In For A Scary 4 Yrs....increased Taxes, Implementation Of Universal Healthcare, Open Borders, Unlimited Terrorist Activity In The Middle East, Tyrants With Nuclear Capabilities, Degrigation Of The Family, End To Religious Freedoms, Mass Murders Of Innocent Unborn Children.....apocolypse?

All You Can Do Is Pray.

Post Thanks / Like

Richy be careful about how you talk on line we are still under close eyes with the War on Terrorism Act where warrants are not needed to electronicly spy on the American public. Romney is a very forward thinking man he has laid the perfect ground work for the next election, dropping out as a strong second so early in the game, or could there be a dream team sprouting up in the shadows McCain Romney, that could sway alot of votes . Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    Good to hear!!! One down, two to go. McCain I can deal with, or at least live with - even though he won't get my vote. However, I could never trust someone like Romney that changes his views as often as I do lures on a rough day of fishing.
    I got spanked the last time I got in one of these but I just can't stand it. I thought for awhile McCain was alright now I'm not so sure. Just because he isn't as far to the right as Rush Limbaugh doesn't make him a bad guy. I am very conservative to a fault sometimes but can't help it. All that being said after listening and trying to be informed I'm not sure McCain is the right man for the job. Huckabee is not all bad but I'm still out to ponder about him too. But I tell you this if that Muslim gets the office this country is in trouble. Like Jim said say out loud three times President Obama, OMG, call me a backwood uneducated redneck hillbilly if you want I just can't bring myself to do it. Besides all the actors and T.V. personalities want him president including Oprah. LIBERAL. LIBERAL. LIBERAL. Steve Beshear wasn't going to tax and spend and everybody was going to get along and sing campfire songs together, REMEMBER??? What happened????? I'd vote for Satan before I'd vote for Billery, or God help us Barrack HUSSEIN Obama, OMG, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all Obama is not Muslim - wouldn't care if he was, but he is not.

I am confused. Rich D. talks about the Dem's bringing about "an end to Religious freedoms." Where it seems that Republicans are all about religious freedoms, as long as it involves the christian way. Or were you just talking about the freedom to impose the christian way on the rest of the world.

Just because I may be a Christian, I don't think everyone else in the world should be. And I definitely would not think less of someone that chose to follow a different path than me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    ... And We Are In For A Scary 4 Yrs....increased Taxes, Implementation Of Universal Healthcare, Open Borders, Unlimited Terrorist Activity In The Middle East, Tyrants With Nuclear Capabilities, Degrigation Of The Family, End To Religious Freedoms, Mass Murders Of Innocent Unborn Children.....apocolypse? ...
    The election is still 8 months away, so nothing is decided. The last eight years have been scary. Borders are already open, terrorists are already in the ME. Tyrants already have nuclear capabilities, but we went after one that MIGHT have had WMD. No one is ending religious freedoms. You are still free to worship how, what, and when you want.

"Degrigation Of The Family". I'm confused on this one. Guess it has to do with the whole "family values" deal that crops up every four years. Sorry, but family values start at home, with the family. As much as the gov't screws things up, there is no way that I would want them deciding what "values" my family should have. They are politicians after all. You really think that many of them have any values? I wouldn't let most of them train my dog.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Romney Throws in the Towel

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    First of all Obama is not Muslim - wouldn't care if he was, but he is not.

I am confused. Rich D. talks about the Dem's bringing about "an end to Religious freedoms." Where it seems that Republicans are all about religious freedoms, as long as it involves the christian way. Or were you just talking about the freedom to impose the christian way on the rest of the world.

Just because I may be a Christian, I don't think everyone else in the world should be. And I definitely would not think less of someone that chose to follow a different path than me.
    You don't know that he's not one anymore than I know he is one now do ya?????? Nobody really knows what's in another persons heart or mind only what we've been told. You say tomato, I say tamato, we are both entitled to believe what we want. All I know is when he speaks my head hurts. He's more full of it then the stuffing my Mom makes on Thanksgiving, Godbless her, LOL. I'm done and will say no more, this whole thread is heading for deleteville, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Long Rant from a right wing wacko

President Obama. Think about it. It really is the ultimate in irony and just plain out weirdness.

Col, I wouldn't put realist and voting Dem in the same paragraph, they just don't fit together. People have become so fixated on Iraq they absolutely can't be realistic. Spending money to combat middle eastern terrorism ain't going away in our lifetime. I know that's unpleasant, and you can blame it on the Republicans if you want, but it's reality. Now I could be wrong, if we had a president named Barack Hussein Obama using diplomacy instead of smart bombs maybe they won't attack us anymore. They have however been killing their own kind for a coupla thousand years, so don't count on it.

More of our tax money is being spent on entitlements and social programs than the war or anything else. Let's elect a couple of pacifist far left wingers with big social spending plans, that's really what we need to do to address our problems. Let's all hold hands with our camelbourne brothers and sway back and forth while singing Coca Cola songs. Makes me mist up just thinking about it, first Iranian I see get's a big hug, just as soon as he gets my size 11 boot dislodged.

I'll preface my thoughts on our education system by saying I'm not particularly religious, was born/grew up dirt poor, and I work for a living.

We could double, triple, quadruple spending on the education system, and it still wouldn't get fixed. Why? Because the problems are social and cultural. IMO the decline of the school system is directly tied to the decline of the nuclear family unit and the suppression of Christian values and common decency. Also policy makers, laboring under the burden of equality, have had to dumb the system down instead of rewarding achievers. It's politically incorrect to hold everyone to a higher standard, so we just lower the standards. That test is too hard you say? Well it must be culturally biased, let's make it easier and give it in ebonics. After all, everyone needs to be equally smart or the special interest coalitions will hold a press conference and heads will roll.

BTW, starting now, those coaches aren't allowed to keep score, the kids on the loosing teams will be scarred for life.

We've got significant numbers of fatherless kids, many not even knowing who their father is at all, growing up without being taught respect for themselves or anything else. Many of those kids develop into foul mouthed thugs who are emulated instead of shunned. The street culture is cool and perfectly acceptable in today's society, just check with the mass media. You pray or stand up for common decency you're a right wing nut, but it's cool to walk around like a mentally challenged penguin wearing Bozo the Clown sized Nikes with the crotch of your pants hanging between your knees. (Note I didn't say retarded penguin, even us old dogs can be trained a little.)

Finally the main reason the school system and many other problems in America have little hope of being fixed:
    Free speech is a past liberty in this country. Nobody can really tell it like it is or they're immediately branded an extremist nut or a worst of all, a racist.

Most people who can afford it move to the suburbs or smaller communities where the schools are inhabited by kids with parents who care enough to raise them instead of expecting the teachers to do it. In my case, my wife and I sacrifice some lifestyle to put our daughter in a private school where moral values and educational achievement is encouraged. Her school can do that because your government is not imposing their idiotic rules, and the parents make sure their kids are doing what they're supposed to do. They pray every morning and say the Pledge of Allegiance with God still in it, just as it should be. Also they wear uniforms, which is in my opinion THE great equalizer that eliminates a ton of BS.

Sorry for the long rant. Whew, I feel better now.