Search Fishin.com

Thread: Metal detecting

Post Thanks / Like

Metal detecting

Starting a new hobby and looking for some good places.If anyone has any interesting tips or some old home foundations on there property they would let me detect for a split in the finds let me know.Like i said im new at this and i know some people are particular about these things but just asking for a little help.Also if anyone else is into this and would like to show a new guy the ropes or just want someone to search with every once in awhile let me know.Thanks....John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metal detecting

John,
    My ex brother in law had one and he would go to some of the swim areas at several lakes to find change. He theory was that change, gold chains and rings get lost or misplaced in these areas because of kids and young adults not paying attention. I can't remember how good he did. Playgrounds were another area he mentioned. Good luck tell us if you find something really nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DJD!Excellent tips.If it gets a little nicer today i may go try some of the local school playgrounds.I dont know if this hobby is for me yet but ive always been interested in finds things from the past ie. arrowheads,old bottles etc.Well see.Ill post if i find something worth while.Lol found 46 cents in my front yard yesterday,another 5.00 and ill make up for the batteries at least.Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

When I had mine I went to Football, baseball practice area's for kids..I always found change and other items....Try and search around where the parents sat watching practice....