Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Give Till It Feels Good!

People get on this board and ask for many things. Fishin info, water conditions, advice on where to go.... I am asking for something more important. The Fishing Kids program needs your old and excess soft plastic lures to give to children when they give seminars at schools. They will take anything you could spare; any brand, color, style, full bags, half bags...ANYTHING. I know each of you have 3 times the tackle that you will ever use, so put them to good use by donating to the Fishing For Kids program. Jeff, Eddie, Norm, and the other directors VOLUNTEER their time and resources to help these children.
    I challenge you (and your club) to gather what you can spare to help this outstanding organization. Send them to

EDDIE GOODE
    945 St. Francis Rd.
    St. Francis, ky 40062

For more information, contact egoode@fishinforkids.net

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Give Till It Feels Good!

I'm fairly new to the fishing sport,only been fishing for about 7 or 8 years,and I believe if I had a group like Fishing For Kids when I was growing up I would have realy enjoyed it. So I have alot of baits that I have experimented with and worked that I could donate to the cause,and I wish others would also donate to Fishing For Kids because the kids nowadays need the leadership and enjoyment that Fishing For Kids can offer them.

And by the way, if the kids are fishing they won't be on those @%)*&%
    jet skies!

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't anyone else going to reply to this need?

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't anyone else going to respond to this need?
    Sorry I think I double posted.But I really ment it.

Post Thanks / Like

I made a thread about the same thing a few pages back for Eddie and the Kids..... He's needing $$$ as well to help pay for the Bulldozer costs to dig the Lake for the Fishing4Kids Program...So if any of the Clubs out there got any extra Non-Profit money left over, give Eddie a Shout and donate to this as well if you can......

Post Thanks / Like

I want to say thanks to Trent, Darrylbaby, and Clyde for your thoughts and support of our efforts here at Fishing for Kids. If ever you all have a need please feel free to let me know and I will help in any way I can.

Thanks new friends of fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just happy to be able to do what little I can when I can Eddie.
    Like I said,I'll go through my bags of baits and plastics and set them aside for you.
    The baits cought fish,but as like any other fisherman would do,I bought more (prettier) baits! Some of which didn't catch any more fish than the others.
    I'll try to do what I can.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear my friend at pickles and cola ,I mean piccola,is having a meating for the kids this weakend for the Fishing For Kids in Lebanon.
    It should be alot of fun for the kids. So tell the kids to come on up and have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

4-H Winter Fest This Saturday….. Join Us!

What to do on a cold Saturday afternoon? Join us at the first-ever 4-H Winter Fest! On Saturday, February 16th, at Centre Square from 1-4pm, this FREE event will be open to the public. Our purpose? To provide an opportunity for families (of all ages) to learn and have fun together. Who may attend? Anyone and everyone! What will we be doing? A variety of hands on activities that include highlights of various 4-H programs and activities, as well as other youth oriented groups and organizations.

Learn to sew on a button, make a rocket (out of straws), care for a rabbit, and find your heart rate. Also visit booths hosted by the Marion County Animal Shelter (with a mobile adoption center), the Marion County Public Library, the National Fishing for Kids program, Boy Scouts, and John Cox Martial Arts. We will feature stations on 4-H Camp, 4-H International Exchange program, tips for preparing your 4-H Speech and a host of other information.

Visit each station and enter for door prizes!

Thanks Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

I talked with Eddie at Fishin For Kids and he said that there were several of you that had e-mailed him with donations. THANKS!!!

I ask you to remember the Fishing For Kids program everytime you see a child fishing. Most of the time it will be a kid with a family member or someone else who cares. I ask you to find a child that dosen't have anyone to take them (or inspire them to go).
    DON"T take them to a tournament.
    DON"T take your rod.
    DO take THEM fishing.
    DO teach them that you don't have to catch fish... just have FUN.
    Someone took you for the first time.... It's time you pay them back!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear the 4-H Winterfest at Center Square in Lebanon went pretty well this Saturday.
    Good going Eddie.I'm sure the kids enjoyed you casting events and the other events.
    Keep up the good work,the kids need us.
    Last edited by dolittle; 02-17-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie called me yesterday and said 76 kids and 17 volunteers showed up and everything was a great success.....