Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free money

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Free money

Anyone know when we are going to get the free money $1200.00 for Couples?
    My wife and I were talking about it we hope it comes before our property taxes are due. If it does, it will cover about half the first of two installments. We are hoping against hope cause we had to pay state and federal income tax this month which just about cleared out our savings account. Our cd's are making just enough to pay taxes on the gain so what we used to use to pay for license on our old car we don't have anymore. I checked into getting a partime job at Walmart as a greeter but if I did it would put my wife and I in a higher tax bracket. As I was putting $10.00 worth of gas in my car to get home from work I heard the fella across the pump on his cell phone telling his wife he was forced to work sat overtime (at the ammuntion
    factory) he would be glad when they got caught up! With the war over and mission accomplished that should be any day now. Well enough of my rambling I have work to do in my Victory Garden time to get home

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free money

My wife heard that the first checks were to start rolling out in May.... If it's like the last time, they will probably go in Alphabet order again in disbursing the funds.... Hope you ain't got a last name towards the end...Might not get yours until late July or later.......

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really count on this money but I'll take it. I would rather have tax breaks!

Post Thanks / Like

Or channel that money towards lowering the price of gas.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually its hard to write a post without smiley faces when you are being sarcastic.

There is no such thing as free money and the folks that get this extra windfall will probably use it for bills or food so it darned well will not jump start this economy. $1200.00 won't go far towards a $30,000 chevy pickup. Nor will it go far towards the average bill for a two day stay in the hospital. Joe G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CMIDD View Post
    Or channel that money towards lowering the price of gas.
    I like that idea, gas is chewing me a new one.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see it as free money, I see it as a rebate of some of the tax money the federal government has taken. Agree it won't go all that far, but I'd rather the government send it back than spend it for us. Putting that much money back into the economy should help.

Haven't owned a 30k vehicle, but I can't argue that $1200 isn't much up against that number. My '97 GMC could use some new brake rotors though. That money would cover that, some outfits for my daughter, school tuition, a tune up/water pump for my outboard, and other things.

Never been (knock on wood) in the hospital, but $1200 would certainly cover my insurance deductibles on a 2 day hospital stay.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to put anyone down, but I see the Bush/Congress stimulus package as a very positive thing.

Post Thanks / Like

My girlfriends son is married with 5 kids. He is going to get a chunk!

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer it in a BPS gift card!! Too bad my wife has already put a reserve on my half for landscaping - I guess I will have to keep dreaming about my hummingbird 797 side image.

I agree with putting it towards lowering gas prices. Imagine how much that would boost the economy. I know my wife and I really consider travel costs and do not travel near as much as we would like. Maybe if they lowered it to $1.50/gal just for the summer. Imagine how many more people would travel, which would lead to more money spent while traveling. This would have to have a positive effect on our economy.

I think a good chunk of these rebates will go to pay off personal debts (which are at an all time high as well). This does very littel to spark our economy, less money generated from interest rates.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee me being retired, and still paying very little taxes, my share will fill my gas tank, almost twice.THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the whole "economic stimulus" part depends upon people spending their rebates instead of saving them, so I'm going to do my part and blow it on fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    Well, the whole "economic stimulus" part depends upon people spending their rebates instead of saving them, so I'm going to do my part and blow it on fishing
    That is funny. As soon as we (my wife and I) found out about these, her exact words were "you're not blowing that on fishing crap!" I guess she is still upset about the shad raps she got for valentines day.