Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quantum Code Baitcast Reel??

hey just wondering in any of you have tried the new code by quantum?

some of my friends are looking to upgrade thier reels and ask my opinion on what to get with a $100.00 budget per reel.

looks like a decent reel has 8 bearings, lowprofile for around $80.00
    at basspro. also found out that wal-mart is now has them for $90.00. went today to check them out but couldn't find anyone in sporting goods to help out.

just wondering if anyone has them and if so how they like them.

Also wondering about the quantum tours for myself. has 11 bearings but also $239.00 price tag. are they worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quantum Code Baitcast Reel??

I have not tried them, but on a 100.00 budget you can't beat the Abu RevoS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quantum tours are awesome. However, I can't tell a great deal of difference in the tour and the energy PT. I like them better than any other reel out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the Code but I got a few of the new model Quantum KVD reels and they are sweet. 10 ball bearings, small compact size (same as Code), extremely smooth, and less than $100 each.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Quantum Code Baitcast Reel??

i looked at the code reel at BPS and i personally did not like the way it felt and for eight bearings and featuring the burner gear ratio it didnt feel all that smooth but, that is my opinion. a freind i work with bought one and he really likes it. he said it was a lot smoother after a good lubing. for a hundred dollars it is hard to beat the revo s. i have two of them and i really like them. for the $ 240-250 range i would look at the revo premeir or a nice shimano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tracy View Post
    hey just wondering in any of you have tried the new code by quantum?

some of my friends are looking to upgrade thier reels and ask my opinion on what to get with a $100.00 budget per reel.

looks like a decent reel has 8 bearings, lowprofile for around $80.00
    at basspro. also found out that wal-mart is now has them for $90.00. went today to check them out but couldn't find anyone in sporting goods to help out.

just wondering if anyone has them and if so how they like them.

Also wondering about the quantum tours for myself. has 11 bearings but also $239.00 price tag. are they worth it?
    I just bought my first-ever baitcaster at BPS. Went in ready to pay $139 for a Pflueger President, or maybe $159 for a Revo SX. Talked to Don, and ended up with a 2003 version of the Johnny Morris Signature Series, for $80. The current version goes for $180, and the only differences I can see are 1) you have to open the side to adjust the brake. Big deal, not something I'm going to be fooling with much anyway. 2) The finish. This is a 10-bearing reel. OK it's my first ever, so I'm no expert, but this seems like a fantastic deal to me. I'm still trying to figure out what the catch is...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    I just bought my first-ever baitcaster at BPS. Went in ready to pay $139 for a Pflueger President, or maybe $159 for a Revo SX. Talked to Don, and ended up with a 2003 version of the Johnny Morris Signature Series, for $80. The current version goes for $180, and the only differences I can see are 1) you have to open the side to adjust the brake. Big deal, not something I'm going to be fooling with much anyway. 2) The finish. This is a 10-bearing reel. OK it's my first ever, so I'm no expert, but this seems like a fantastic deal to me. I'm still trying to figure out what the catch is...
    The Johnny Morris Sig. reels are among my favorites too. I have three of them and they are smoooooth. Dual brakes are great - you can adjust the six pin centrifugal brake by removing the side - but then fine tune with the magnetic dial externally. Check out BPS oline flyer for the super spring sale. These are going to be on sale, and If you do the reel trade in - you can get one for $109 (almost impossible to find a better reel for that money).

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention, he told me this reel was actually made by Pflueger. It looks a lot like a President. For $80, I'm thinking about going back for a second one. But then again, now I see you're in Frankfurt. Kind of a hike, I guess...
    Last edited by RoadToad; 02-13-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: more info

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Quantum Code Baitcast Reel??

Bought three of the J.M. reels @ $80 ea. Beast deal I ever made

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASSKING View Post
    i looked at the code reel at BPS and i personally did not like the way it felt and for eight bearings and featuring the burner gear ratio it didnt feel all that smooth but, that is my opinion. a freind i work with bought one and he really likes it. he said it was a lot smoother after a good lubing. for a hundred dollars it is hard to beat the revo s. i have two of them and i really like them. for the $ 240-250 range i would look at the revo premeir or a nice shimano.
    I have like 8 of the green curado's about 1 1/2 to 2 yrs. old and 1 of the newer $200.00 curado's. I like the green ones, but I can tell a world of a difference between the new style and the old style. as far as performance.
    but they only have 5 bearings.

I thought maybe the new quantum tours with 11 bearings would be alot better. even the energy pti's only have like 7 bearings.

thanks for the reply's I didn't even see the new KVD reels. That might be something I might switch to.
    Last edited by tracy; 02-13-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally prefer the quantums to the Curado's - But I don't think it will be the huge improvement you are looking for. I know there is very little difference in the performance of the Energy's and Tour Editions. I think if you were looking for a noticeable difference in performance from the Curado- you would be jumping up to a different price range (Calais or Steez or something similar to that) - just from playing with those you can tell they are in a different league.