Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Trout Fishing Report

Can anyone tell me how the trout fishing around burkesville is.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trout Fishing Report

Don't know about B-ville. The trout up from there around Helm's and Winphrey's is good. The river level is really high right now hard to fish. B-ville might be better than usual because of the river level. I had a friend go down two weeks ago with their 21 foot war eagle and couldn't put in because the water level was down....but with all this rain I doubt there is any problem.

We've been down a lot this winter and have had very few bad days...by that I mean 5-10 caught. Most days we are catching 10+ a piece and have had 2 trophy browns and tons 15"+ of rainbow.

Check with strange bait for an better update on the river level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by troutcrazy View Post
    Don't know about B-ville. The trout up from there around Helm's and Winphrey's is good. The river level is really high right now hard to fish. B-ville might be better than usual because of the river level. I had a friend go down two weeks ago with their 21 foot war eagle and couldn't put in because the water level was down....but with all this rain I doubt there is any problem.

We've been down a lot this winter and have had very few bad days...by that I mean 5-10 caught. Most days we are catching 10+ a piece and have had 2 trophy browns and tons 15"+ of rainbow.

Check with strange bait for an better update on the river level.
    What is the bait of choice.? Minnows,power bait,worms,artificial,corn.

Post Thanks / Like

What are the trout biting on? minnows, power bait,worms.corn or artificial

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    What are the trout biting on? minnows, power bait,worms.corn or artificial
    I never use live bait or corn because the trout usually wind up swallowing the bait too far and you tear their gill plate trying to get your hook out. So I only fish with artificial bait that has constant motion.

I use several lures.
    1) Super Duper - made by Luhr Jensen. You can get them at bass pro or Sportsmans warehouse. 501-503 are the sizes. Silver, bronze, and white with a rainbow pattern work the best.

Most folks don't know what they are, but I've been with guys who won't use them until they don't catch fish and I do...then they're trying to bum one off of me the rest of the day.

2) Castmaster - These I use in deeper sections and in really fast moving water. Usually have great luck with these.

3) Little Cleo- Silver and bronze. These work well also. Action is a little different from the Super Duper

4) Shad Rap - I'm not crazy about them. I usually don't have the production from them that the others bring and I use them when none of the above is working well. They say down towards B-ville they work well for some reason.

Those are the standard for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the Super Dupers. The guy at Bullfrog Creek showed me those, and the small size works well on the stockers in the ponds around Louisville. I wanted to get some of the larger ones and couldn't find them, so I went to Smyrna and the guy there ordered me some. He was very helpful and gave me a fair price on them.