Search Fishin.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you fish with??

Now i would like to fish with Ike for a day he would hear the word opps about the same time he hits the water-> Two times in one day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRunt View Post
    For famous, I would have to go with the late Tom Mann on Eufala in its prime.
    In would like to Take Ed McMan out for a July day on KY lake and hand him one sin gle centipede and a........................ZEBCO202. C-YA

Post Thanks / Like

I can't hardly believe that no one has mentioned RICK CLUNN!! Some of you may have heard of him. I think maybe he won a tournament or two and was voted as the world's greatest fisherman or something to that effect. If I could fish with him and pick his brain for a week, I would at least feel like I was ready for the big time. I just think his understanding of bass habits and movements is unequaled.

As for the not-so-famous, I would have to go with my buddy and partner in crime Tom. After fishing together for 20 years, I can almost tell you what color jig he's going to tie on next. I just need to find a way to make him be the net-boy more often to even up the score a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few guys I have been fortunate enough to share a boat with (either fishing with them or as an observer): Mark Menendez, Dan Morehead, Kevin Wirth, Davey Hite, Steven Browning and Alton Jones. Good times with all. One person I would like to fish with is KVD.

I would also like to spend another day fishing with my late grandfather, who was still standing all day casting into his late 80's. I have his old boat and am in the process of getting it licensed now that I have it running (thank you onemorecast Doug)!

Post Thanks / Like

OK........no one KILL me.........but I think Coach Knight would be a GREAT fishing partner.

I've read his book Knight, MY STORY, and it was FANTASTIC. The Man is not only a basketball legend, but he is downright a GREAT outdoorsman. Loves to flyfish for those brownfish in Quetico. AND I even know the outfitter to set up a TRIP.

I can hear him now...........White, why don't you SHUT the HELL UP......

On another note, I had a REALLY REALLY funny recurring dream a few years back where I actually "walked onto" the IU basketball team. I was the slowest white guy on the team, had no defensive skills, no offensive skills, couldn't dribble, but hey, I HAD HEART.

The dream lasted for a few months I think..........and you know what.....probably the BEST DREAM sequence I've ever had.

No ridicule please.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Non pro would be two good friends ZEB and Moe both great guys and Moe is sooo quick witted we would fish serious but would have a million laughs.

Pro would be Elnut and I wish he could go tomorrow. Hope you are doing good Elnut.

Post Thanks / Like

Non pro would be anyone that had gas in the boat, actually my best friend, we fish good together cant get a better partner, Famous, The girl on the weather channell, Kelly Cass or Rachel Ray, But Rick Clunn would be the pro choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Megyn kelly from fox news...... YES!

Post Thanks / Like

That would be a little tough to do. Fishing with the "late Tom Mann".

I'd have to go with Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

I think Id like to fish with Hank Parker, good ol' down home guy and probably a lot of fun just to spend the day with.

Post Thanks / Like

I was lucky enough to eat lunch and watch a Busch race around him and Hank Jr a few years ago at the KY Speedway. I talked with both of them and Hank was pretty cool. He even signed my Hank Jr B.A.S.S. car along with Hank Jr.
    I loved his shows when he fished with sports guys. Seems like the cutting up was genuine and probably what it would be like for any of us.

Post Thanks / Like

For me it would be both of my Grandfathers, for famous it would be Ted Williams, Billy Westmoreland, and Rayo Breckinridge.