Search Fishin.com

Thread: Berkely, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Berkely, CA

I'm probably as liberal as anybody on this board, but I'd like to come out and say that I'm totally disgusted by what's going on in Berkeley, CA. If private citizens want to picket against the government, the war, or whatever, that's fine. The right to do that is what our heroes have given their lives for. But for a city council to come out and call Marine recruiters "unwelcome intruders" is just flat wrong. Their anger is totally misdirected. I find it reminiscent of the way vets were treated returning from Vietnam, and it makes me sick.
    Last edited by RoadToad; 02-14-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling and to avoid confusion with brand name

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berkely, CA

That city really isn't part of this country, some would argue they aren't even part of this planet. Berkeley, Marin, and some other places in that area have more flakes per square inch than any other place in the USA. Stands to reason they'd have flakes on the city council representing them. As someone already said, far tougher people than that bunch of bean sprouts have tried to get rid of our Marines. It didn't work for them either.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Arnold going to have to get is Commando gear out and go to Berkley to straighten them out. I am also one of the few liberals on this site, but I too am disgusted by this. I may not agree with this war, but I applaud anyone who willingly serves this country in any division of the armed forces.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got a link to this news story? Heard part of a report on it, but did not catch it all. Sounded like more crap from the land of the fruits and nuts.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the council members of that city had to do some backing up! Now they are singing a different tune! Typical radicals....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Looks like the council members of that city had to do some backing up! Now they are singing a different tune! Typical radicals....
    Yea they are backing up, because Bush was going to pull a 2 million dollar grant from them. California is nothing but whack'os, like Andrew said the land of fruits and nuts, LOL. Also I know this is gonna start a fight but I gotta say it. How the heck can you support the troops and not support what they are doing, I just don't get that, AT ALL! Forget about democracy goals in Iraq, because I don't really beleive that's possible either. But I'll tell you what I do beleive, is taking the fight to those murdering, ruthless, western world hating Jihadast, radical, lunitic muslim extremist instead of fighting them in our back yard is more than worthy. Guys wake up and smell the pansies there are thousands of these murdering nutjobs that want to come to this country and kill us all. That's not conservative hype it's the facts, WAKE UP. I guess we could do what Hussein Obama wants and immediately pull all the troops out and go over and have a group hug, OMG, it just make me scratch my head and wonder what planet some people are from. Maybe it's planet Berkely, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

I was always taught to keep an open mind but these nut jobs have such an open mind that their brains are falling out! I agree what Planet are these people from?

Post Thanks / Like

"taking the fight to those murdering, ruthless, western world hating Jihadast, radical, lunitic muslim extremist instead of fighting them in our back yard is more than worthy. Guys wake up and smell the pansies there are thousands of these murdering nutjobs that want to come to this country and kill us all."

I agree, and have been preaching this since this thing began. We ARE going to have to fight them, why?, because they want to KILL us, better over there than over here !!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

"How the heck can you support the troops and not support what they are doing, I just don't get that, AT ALL!"

I made this statement, and I am going to have to stick with it. Our troops are doing their job. We have all worked for idiot bosses. Several of you on this post have said forget the democracy goals - they are impossible to meet - then why are we still there? That is the exact reason our current administration justifies keeping our troops there - to restore and maintain government in Iraq. If you agree it is truly impossible to restore democracy by force in Iraq, then you must be against the war too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    Is Arnold going to have to get is Commando gear out and go to Berkley to straighten them out. I am also one of the few liberals on this site, but I too am disgusted by this. I may not agree with this war, but I applaud anyone who willingly serves this country in any division of the armed forces.
    KEVIN-
    YOUR A LIBERAL! I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED! LOL! THAT'S ALRIGHT, THERE'S HELP FOR THAT CONDITION! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Yea they are backing up, because Bush was going to pull a 2 million dollar grant from them. California is nothing but whack'os, like Andrew said the land of fruits and nuts, LOL. Also I know this is gonna start a fight but I gotta say it. How the heck can you support the troops and not support what they are doing, I just don't get that, AT ALL! Forget about democracy goals in Iraq, because I don't really beleive that's possible either. But I'll tell you what I do beleive, is taking the fight to those murdering, ruthless, western world hating Jihadast, radical, lunitic muslim extremist instead of fighting them in our back yard is more than worthy. Guys wake up and smell the pansies there are thousands of these murdering nutjobs that want to come to this country and kill us all. That's not conservative hype it's the facts, WAKE UP. I guess we could do what Hussein Obama wants and immediately pull all the troops out and go over and have a group hug, OMG, it just make me scratch my head and wonder what planet some people are from. Maybe it's planet Berkely, LOL.
    IS IT JUST ME, OR DO YOU ALL HAVE A HEADACHE TOO? LOL! I AGREE WITH YOU FELLOW FISHIN.COM BROTHER...KEEP THE CONSERVATISM ALIVE!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember my cousin saying when he came back from viet nam, for discharge, they almost told him to wear civies, because of the nuts.Any of you gone to a hospital lately? many of the doctors are from pakistan, the one who did my prostate surgery actually seemed to care about me, not the one born here who told me that I would need to wait four weeks for an appointment!I have a grandson on his second tour of messotropolis, they didn't like us then, and he said they still dont care for us, but thats democracy in action, you may not always like the outcome, but its what we went there for.Uh when we leave later in this centurym the sunnis, and shites will keep murdering each other. Almost reminds you of Ireland.