Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Guntersville Fishin Reports?

Anybody been out on Guntersville lately? Just curious to see if the fisher are gettin shallow yet and what the water temps are at right now. Im comin down there in about two weeks, and cant wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guntersville Fishin Reports?

The water is from 48 - 50 degrees and they are hitting X-Calibur XR-50 and XR-75 lipless baits in 2-7 feet of water. Look for the greenest weeds in that depth and hang on. The big 'uns are already strapping on the feed bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Hows the fishin around Lusk St. Bridge and Gunter Ave. Bridge, on maps-all those boat docks look pretty good. And how about some of the sunken islands and such over by the George Houston Pike Bridge. Im just trying to figure out where i want to fish, since some friends and i are having a small tourney im just tryin to figure out where i should spend most my time to whip em'! Im sure the fish wont be real shallow around Feb.29-March 3, prolly bout 5-8ft deep i bet?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like guys are catching them shallow now. bassfishinghomepage.com I am going on feb 28th also. There are two big tournys on that sat. One out of goosepond and one out of guntersville state park. I guess I will put in at a smaller ramp. Where is your tourny going out of?

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I've never been to Guntersville, so we have no idea where were putting in at. By the way hows the water level at Gunt., i know the lakes in Tennessee are still pretty low.

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville is at full pool ... it seldom fluctuates more than 2 feet from flood stage to draw down.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey shadlips... when does the spawn start on big g... everything i rees lets me think it mid march.

Post Thanks / Like

It's prespawn right now with water temps in the upper 40's to around 50 degrees. Our weather is always so strange in the spring you can never predict the spawn too far in advance. A full moon and 70 degree water is always the ticket for triggering the spawn. March 21 would be my guess for the majority of bass to spawn this year, especially the big sows. If a big cold front moves in just before that time, it could delay the spawn until April 18.