Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Are the Bluegrass Fish and Wildlife's Pit's open to fishing yet?

I went to the South Parking lot of Bluegrass pit and looked at the information bulletin board there. There was a sign that was directed at the fishermen telling them that no fishing was allowed during waterfowl season form Nov to Jan 20th.

Well it's way past Jan 20th so I am wondering if we can fish now? Does anyone from Sugar Ridge Read and respond to questions about BGFWA?

How about posting a sign that says when we can start fishing again.

I heard that the snow goose season was extended and I don't want to fish while there are goose hunters out there hunting still.

So we need some clarification on what to do at Bluegrass F&W area.

No waterfowl hunting is allowed on Loon Pit as that's the waterfowl sanctuary. But I heard that they allow other forms of hunting around Loon Pit. That must be wrong as I would think that any shooting near the waterfowl would disturb them. Say a rabbit hunter walks along the edge of loon pit and shoots a shotgun at a fleeing rabbit. Would that not disturb any geese that's resting out on the water?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are the Bluegrass Fish and Wildlife's Pit's open to fishing yet?

Moose ,
    My buddies at work who goose hunt say that the season for geese is closed so you can fish at Bluegrass . Hovey Lake is also open and I used to fish it every March for crappie and would like to this year if the weather warms a bit . Another ice storm is predicted for later in the week so keep your scrapers handy . Wally mart sells a pre-treating spray you apply to your car before hand that keeps ice from sticking , think Ill try it . Most every Wal-mart Ive been in has some fishing gear on clearance , I picked up a new set of blades for my ele. fillet knife for $3.00 , a underwater light for night fishing $7.00 , and some Power Pro 40lb 150yd spool for $9.00 { normally $12.00 } , some Berlley Vanish flo. line in 10lb , 6lb , & 4lb for $7.00 a spool . They had some stuff left last time I went but its getting picked over . Dicks SG has some clearance also - Berkley Chigger craws for $2.47 and some other stuff but I have to much tackle already .Gander Mnt has the usally junk Zoom baits and Rapala tail dancers on sale but I think all their other stuf is pretty high priced . The Tri-state Boat Show is this week-end and they have some dealers who have some clearance baits too if you get there the first day . Last year they had Berkley Power bait for a dollar a bag - some flukes , tube & worms plus its fun to look at the boats and the seminars are informative . I think Ill go Sat. morning and catch one .

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are the Bluegrass Fish and Wildlife's Pit's open to fishing yet?

Thanks for the reply