Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

USA Bassin Green River lake schedule

It's that time of year again when we all start thinking about fishing again. Anyone looking for a tournament trail for the weekend angler on a budget should love the USA Bassin trail. As director for the Green River Lake division, I am looking forward to another great season.

Here is this season's schedule:
    03-29-2008 Ramp #1 Safe light (7:00am)-3:00pm
    04-26-2008 Ramp #1 Safe light (6:30am)-2:30pm
    05-17-2008 Ramp #1 Safe light (6:00am)-2:00pm
    06-21-2008 Ramp #1 Safe light (6:00am)-2:00pm
    07-19-2008 Ramp #1 Safe light (6:00am)-2:00pm
    * All times Eastern Standard

As a reminder, we welcome sign-ups the morning of the tournament. Everyone that competes will have to get a membership (That can be done the morning of the tournament as well). All of this division's tournaments will blast off at safe light. The start times listed are estimates. Per the tournament rules, registration must remain open until no less than 30 minutes before the tournament start time. For this division, we will keep registration open as long as we can while still starting the tournament at safe light. Please see the complete USA Bassin rule list at:
    http://www.usabassin.com/modules.php?name=Rules

Feel free to call or e-mail me using the information below if you have any questions, comments, or just want information.

Thanks, and good fishing!
    Clint Cone
    USA Bassin Green River Lake division director
    clintcone@hotmail.com
    (859) 608-7997

Post Thanks / Like

Re: USA Bassin Green River lake schedule

I forgot to mention a few things:

1) I have this year's membership cards now, so I can process anyone who wants to mail in their membership and tournament registrations. Call or e-mail me for a mailing address.

2) When registering or signing up ahead of time (by mail) send personal checks. However, at the ramp all fees must be paid in cash (as documented in the tournament rules).

3) Blast off order is determined by the order in which entries are paid. Anyone mailing in tournament entries will be called the day they are received (mostly so the angler knows that their entry is in). But if you want to go early in the order you should either mail in your entry or be very early to the ramp.

4) As the tournament director I will always be at the ramp at least 1 hour before the tournament start, if not 1.5 hours.

Clint Cone
    USA Bassin Green River Lake division director
    clintcone@hotmail.com
    (859) 608-7997

Post Thanks / Like

On May 17th would I be allowed to fish USA Bassin and the edward Jones? I am planning on fishing your division but was wondering about that date.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Company View Post
    On May 17th would I be allowed to fish USA Bassin and the edward Jones? I am planning on fishing your division but was wondering about that date.
    The USABassin rules do not have a provision for allowing or denying an angler from participating in another tournament at the same time as a USABassin tournament. So, I believe that this is at the discression of the director.

I have no problem with our participants also fishing another tournament the same day. You will need to make sure that the director of the other tournament has no issues with it. From the our side, these are the rules that apply:
    1) I believe that we will blast off before the other tournament, but if for some reason, they went out first... You must wait for our blast off before fishing. (I think that's obvious, but we don't want any mis understandings)
    2) I also believe that we will weigh in first. But in case the other tournament ended before ours, you must show me your weigh in slip from the other tournament (just to make sure there were no big changes). Since you had to be out of the boat to weigh in, I don't think that you could go back to fishing between weigh-ins (unless we weigh in first, and the other director is ok with it).

Feel free to call or e-mail me if you have any questionsor need clarification.

Clint Cone
    USABassin Green River Lake division director
    (859) 608-7997
    clintcone@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we will try to fish both but just in case we do i wanted to make sure, I am gonna touch base with GRBC guys to see if its ok by them.