Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shed Hunting

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shed Hunting

Biggest bowkill is 135-140. Until this year I had a shot at a P&Y buck 4 years in a row on public land(Taylorsville). Just getting a handle on this coyote thing, but I know for a fact I will do more in the fall. Very addicting and easier for my AADD- only about 15-20 min per set-up, then walk to the next spot. Gotta be sneaky and quiet. No luck with the elctronic caller thus far, but have used either fawn bleat of bunny-in-distress. Called in 4 in three days. Go to www.predatormasters.com, click forums, click custom calls, click page 2 of custom calls, and click on thread about kingwood call by dirtydan. He posted my son with the dawg I called in Sunday at T-ville. It shows the call I used.

fishincreek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Biggest bowkill is 135-140. Until this year I had a shot at a P&Y buck 4 years in a row on public land(Taylorsville). Just getting a handle on this coyote thing, but I know for a fact I will do more in the fall. Very addicting and easier for my AADD- only about 15-20 min per set-up, then walk to the next spot. Gotta be sneaky and quiet. No luck with the elctronic caller thus far, but have used either fawn bleat of bunny-in-distress. Called in 4 in three days. Go to www.predatormasters.com, click forums, click custom calls, click page 2 of custom calls, and click on thread about kingwood call by dirtydan. He posted my son with the dawg I called in Sunday at T-ville. It shows the call I used.

fishincreek
    Really cool, nice bow take. My personal best with a bow is 130 inch deer. 24 inch outside spread and long beams but I got hurt on tines. 10 pointer if you count stickers over one inch but really scores as a big three by three, neat deer though. All time best is a 153 inch with a muzzleloader, and a couple of mid to high 140 class bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Found another 4 point side yesterday, had just fell off, pedacle was as white as snow with a little blood. Having a heck of a year with sheds fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

Found three more. One three point side and one four point side and a small one. All in one walk, I'm having a great year finding sheds. Some bucks are still carrying head gear also.

Post Thanks / Like

Finding those sheds is a real thrill. I'd be looking for them too, but these coyotes have my undivided attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Found three today(and buddy missed one coyote!).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Found three today(and buddy missed one coyote!).
    Cool, I've found a few more since we lasted posted on this thread. Found a small four point side yesterday.