Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost March and look at the gas prices

How bad do yall think it's going to get this time. Two weeks ago they said the US had more reserve gas than we have had in 14 years. Now OPEC says their going to cut production. Is it because they can't pump it up any faster or are they just getting greedier. They have made enough stinking money off of us.
    I LOVE TOO FISH, can't afford the gas in my 4 mpg boat
    what do yall think
    sorry I know it is off topic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Almost March and look at the gas prices

I heard on the radio that some people have projected the prices to hit $4 a gallon sometime during the Summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I heard on the radio that some people have projected the prices to hit $4 a gallon sometime during the Summer.
    To be fair, we heard that last year too. A friend of mine who is in the automotive industry says that $3 is about the price ethanol becomes economically viable, so that's why gasoline never gets much higher than that.

Don't know if that's true or not. Then again, I don't have to, because this is an Internet bulletin board.

Post Thanks / Like

Gas is killing me and my family. I can assure you I won't fish from my boat nearly as much this year, it's just too expensive. Big Oil is way to powerfull.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Gas is killing me and my family. I can assure you I won't fish from my boat nearly as much this year, it's just too expensive. Big Oil is way to powerfull.
    Gas is killing me and my family-< You know Mark you guys could try drinking some kind of pop with your meals and not gas lol buddy

Man i got to git r done on Cedar creek soon WOW

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to have my tach. custom painted to dollar signs instead of numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

They rent rowboats at Lake Jericho. Cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i have been thinking about these gas prices a lot--instead of me trying to drive back an forth to cc from Lexington 2 or 3 times a week i need to take me a tent and just stay there until IM done fishing and then go back home-- WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THAT LOL?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    They rent rowboats at Lake Jericho. Cheap.
    Nows there's a place i have only been to one time in my life..Me and Ragermc made a trip there- its a nice little lake.We got a few fish that day I did get one bass around 5 lbs back in them lillys pads in the little Ky river-it was a fun trip--Right Charlie ?

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of it has to do with the value of the dollar. It may cost the USA what it considers a fortune to buy oil from a foreign country, whereas in other countries what they're paying is considered a bargain because their money is worth more...until the value of the dollar starts to come back up, we're screwed!

Post Thanks / Like

did anyone see the donald trump interview on tv,he stated that the only reason prices have stayed up for so longis. no one in this admin. has the balls to tell the oil producers, thats it no more.

Post Thanks / Like

Not too worried, I have a small boat, reasonable sized motor and a good trolling motor. Big bass boats are nice too look at and dream about, but they come with big payments and big expenses. The way I look at it is if I could really afford a $40,000 bass boat, then why complain about $3.50/gallon gas. I see lots of people with 40,000 in a boat and 35,000 in the truck and they are usually the ones complaining about the prices. I would rather be seen fishing in my modest boat, than sitting at home with my rig stored in the garage. If times really get hard, I will buy me a new 2 man bass hunter and good trolling motor. I am not going to give up my fishing because of greedy oil companies.