Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Storm "ThinFin "Hot'N Tot" Lures

Spent yesterday cleaning out some old tackel boxes (what else do you do in weather like this) and found about 15 lures identified as Storm "ThinFin "Hot'N Tot", US Patent D 226,658. They were given to me by a family friend 10-15 years ago. While I never used them, most do show signs of being used. Hope they caught some nice fish....

I ran a search under the patent number and found it was applied for on 4 Oct, 1971 and was issued on 10 April 1973 to a William D. Storm of Norman, Okla and assigned to Storm Plastics, Inc. of Norman, Okla.

Checked Ebay and found a few individuals offering the Storm "ThinFin "Hot'N Tot" lures for sale. Not interested in selling mine, but would be interested to know if anyone has/does fish with them?

Good Fishing,
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Storm "ThinFin "Hot'N Tot" Lures

I used some up in Canada in 06. They set major store by them up there. Caught a few smallie's on them - crawdad color. Had better luck with a tube and senko though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit I am giving away one of my deep secrets, but I will do so because very few people have these lures unless they have kept them from their fathers and grandfathers. I keep about 15 Thin Fin's just to fish for the SM on Dale when the SM are hitting shad on the surface in pods during the fall. I have been able to find them on eBay, but it seems they are getting harder to find as years past. SM will simply smash these lures when they are feeding on shad. The SM will hit most anything during this time, but they will **** these lure without any hesitation. I use the smaller size because they match the shad these fish feed. So, now you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto what Bonefish said, plus White Bass and Walleye's. I also have some original Big-O's but that's another story