Currently the COE website for Lake Cumberland was last updated in August. At this time, the Halcombs Landing ramp is done. YOU CAN launch any size boat that you would want, I believe. Pictures I recieved today showed the ramp, parking and facilities are done.
At a time when people are planning vacations, and when the people of the Lake C area have suffered due to the Corps Failure to repair the dam fully years ago, I find it inexcusable for them to not update their website as soon as new ramps are opened and information changes.
Worse yet is their failure to respond to inquiries from concerned citizens from the Lake Cumberland Area.
According to the Lake Cumberland Tourism website there are now 48 ramps open on the lake. The COE has made NO Note of this as yet. While families and businesses suffer the COE has failed to even janitorial work on its own website that would have helped.
PLEASE let everyone you can find know that Lake Cumberland is now back to near normal operation as far as ramps and accessibility. The lake is still the 3rd largest in the state and still one of the largest on the Eastern Seaboard. When full it holds more water than Kentucky Lake and Barkley lake combined.
It still has depths in the main channel near the dam of over 100 feet.
Fishing has been excellent, and stands to get better. Fishing below the dam has been as good as anyone can remember and the Sauger Run this year was one of the largest I have heard of in my lifetime.
A 14 pound Walleye was shocked up and released near the dam. I verified that with Benjy Kinman of the Department of Fish and Wildlife.
Lake Cumberland and the surrounding area are a great value.
OH and for those who would go down there and aks for reduced rates due to the problems the area faced the last couple of years, I have nothing but disdain for you. While cabins and boats and guides have suffered, their expenses for their businesses have increased along with the money needed to pay the general bills of life. If someone asked you to take a cut in salary would you do it for the same work? I seriously doubt it..
OK I have vented a bit, but I have serious problems with the Nashville Office of the COE and the lax manner in which they have treated information about Lake Cumberland.
Jim Dicken
This is MY Opinion and not the opinion of the owners of Fishin.com, its advertisers or other employees, investors.