Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the new forum

The idea for this forum came from a discussion on the KY boards about jig making. Seems that there are a number of people on these forums who make their own tackle. Whether you make spinner baits, pour jigs, tie flys, make cranks, build rods, or anyother fishing related tackle, are a seasoned pro, or newbie hobbiest you are welcome to post in here. All we ask is that folks do not use this forum to try and promote their own business. Hopefully folks will find this a place to trade ideas on tackle making.

Special thanks to Peter for setting this up for us!

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the new forum

Just trying the photo upload feature. One of my latest, a jerkbait. Still needs eyes and clear coat. Cedar plug, rattle chamber, foiled sides.

Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jerkbait.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	522  

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this forum takes off. I have been reading some other forums on this topic, and after speaking with several of you, I discovered that the members of fishin.com are just as knowledgeable in terms of creating tackle as the people on any other forum/site.

I used to tie a great deal of flies, so I am hoping making bass jigs will be just as rewarding. I am getting all my jig supplies this week, and will definitely need some help in this - so I will be on here often. I will post some pics of the progress. Thanks to Peter and Andrew for helping get this started.

Nice looking Jerkbait - better get that thing ready, it is that time of year!

Post Thanks / Like

Two Thumbs up for who got this ball rolling, I'v been cruisin Tackle Underground that past year and i hope this one gets the traffic that it does. I have recently started doing my own shakey heads, bass jigs, and FNF. Tryin to save every penny I can so I can afford to put gas in my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Just trying the photo upload feature. One of my latest, a jerkbait. Still needs eyes and clear coat. Cedar plug, rattle chamber, foiled sides.

Andrew
    UHHH, I want one. Seriously Andrew that jerkbait looks good and I will gladly pay you to make me one of those, please and thanks. I'll pay full price, make it worth your while.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, Andrew makes some awesome looking lures. He has alot of knowledge and ideas to offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, I'm sure if I start catching on them, you'll end up with a few Green back on that one too

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the new forum

Mark, I'm sure if I start catching on them, you'll end up with a few Green back on that one too

Andrew
    10-4 on the green back. That baby looks sweet to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Welcome to the new forum

I've formed a new Fishin.com Field Testing Club. Everyone who makes lures of whatever type have to send me a copy to field test so that I can give feed back reports as to how I like the lure, if I caught anything on the lure or maybe will need more prototypes to test in case I might "Accidently" lose one while field Testing it.

So to any and all members on this board who have identified themselves as some sort of Lure maker....I know who you are also....Go ahead and forward to me a sample of your work....

Apb...That includes the new Jerk Bait that I seen in the picture...Must be completed first you know.......

Anyone have any questions for the Field Tester? Send them my way and I'll answer them when time permits...You know I'll be busy Field Testing all of the Baits and Lures I receive...

*** All Baits, Lures and any other such items sent to " The Field Tester " become the property of the Field Tester....lol

So send me those lures, friends.....

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Welcome to the new forum

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    I've formed a new Fishin.com Field Testing Club. ...

Thanks so much for your gracious offer. However, as I am still learning the art of crank making, I feel it would not be prudent of me to send you a lure at this point. After all, it has not been throughly tested by me yet. No sense in me sending you a dud that will just clutter up your tackle box. That would be too selfish of me expecting you to spend your valuable fishing time with a lure that has the potential to be less than optimal. Rather, I think the best way for me to take my crankbait knowledge to the next level would be for you to send me one of yours so that I can see how a properly made crankbait runs. This would offer a great comparison as I could swim yours side by side with mine and learn much. Once I have learned from emulating your masterpieces, and my plugs are as good as yours (if indeed I can ever reach such lofty heights) I'll send you one of mine for further testing.

Yeah, I've had some practice at this too!

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Well Apb,

I guess we need to form the Field Testing Club together.....

Thanks so much for your gracious offer. However, as I am still learning the art of crank making, I feel it would not be prudent of me to send you a lure at this point. After all, it has not been throughly tested by me yet. No sense in me sending you a dud that will just clutter up your tackle box. That would be too selfish of me expecting you to spend your valuable fishing time with a lure that has the potential to be less than optimal. Rather, I think the best way for me to take my crankbait knowledge to the next level would be for you to send me one of yours so that I can see how a properly made crankbait runs. This would offer a great comparison as I could swim yours side by side with mine and learn much. Once I have learned from emulating your masterpieces, and my plugs are as good as yours (if indeed I can ever reach such lofty heights) I'll send you one of mine for further testing.

Yeah, I've had some practice at this too!

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds that way

Andrew
    Official Field Tester of the Fishin.com Lure Forum