Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland in March

Thinking of going to Cumberland in a couple weeks, probably weekend of 16th and 17th. Will most likely be going out of Conley Bottom. Any ideas about where to go and what to use in that area of the lake? I'm not real familiar with that part, and I have not seen it with the water way down like it is. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland in March

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Thinking of going to Cumberland in a couple weeks, probably weekend of 16th and 17th. Will most likely be going out of Conley Bottom. Any ideas about where to go and what to use in that area of the lake? I'm not real familiar with that part, and I have not seen it with the water way down like it is. Thanks for any help.
    If I was on that end of the lake (East End) I would look for stained water back in the creeks and that's probably where you are going to find your warmest water. It's ALL about water temps. Below 50 degree water the fly is your best bet, or deep jig bite. If you find some water above the 50 degree mark and the way this weather is going I seriously doubt it, fish that dirty water with cranks and spinnerbaits, slow. Jig will also catch some fish in that off color water too. Usually the water temps in the big C by the end of March are above 50 degrees but this year all bets are off. I personally think this winter has been a bear and things are gonna be alot later this year due to cold water temps. But who knows if we can get some REAL warm weather that would stick around for say a week or so who knows?? All else fails you, use the jig as your fall back and stick with, you should be able to bang out a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about the Jerkbait, with a variety of pauses betweens the jerks, or a Wide Wobble Crankbait fished real slow about that time either if you find a little warmer water as well. Other than that mhall said all the rest. Good Luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

i would go down and fish around the earl wallace ramp area,harmon creek,beaver,otter and wolf...fish jerkbaits,cranks really slow and of course jigs...the jerkbait and crank bite is really heating up right now as we speak...fish in the 10-15ft range an youl be fine