Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ice gone on Lemon?

Anyone know if there is ice on Lemon? I was thinking about going Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ice gone on Lemon?

Is there a phone number anywhere at the ramp. I was wondering what it costs to launch and when that campground will open. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I bet the coyotes got it.. They are thick down there...........

Post Thanks / Like

The number I have is 812-334-0233.
    We got a little snow down there last night so I'm betting that there is still ice. I would guess that with the weather over the weekend it might be gone early next week.
    Eric H.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the lake yesterday, March 2nd, and the ice is gone. Tried for gills with beemoths and threw some cranks for walleye with no success.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't even know for sure. I assume there are, but I was out mostly to enjoy the weather and just wet a line. Winter is killing me.

Post Thanks / Like

no walleye in Lemon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    No phone #.
    The lake is nearly completely frozen over with some open spots here and there.

Seen a small dead deer around 75 yards out from the banks on the ice. Bloody mess surrounded it on all sides

Yea the coyotes chase the deer out on the ice where the deer can't maneuver and the coyotes will take them down.

Randy Anderson is a coyote hunter and makes a lot of videos on how to hunt coyotes. One of his videos, Calling All Coyotes I or II, shows a pack of coyotes chasing a group of deer out onto the ice on a frozen river within view of Randys house.

So that's a tactic that they use a lot when there is ice on the water.

If you have a lot of coyotes in your neighborhood you better watch your dogs and cats and any other small animals in the area. They coytoes numbers are growing even with the increased numbers of hunters going after them.

I have read stories on the internet where people saw a coyote attacking other humans. Kids are vulnerable at times. But mostly they go after small domestic dogs or cats.

If you like to hunt give coyote hunting a try. I hear it's very challenging and fun. And when deer season is over it gives you something to hunt until March 15th. That's when the coyote season is over. But you can hunt coyotes years round on certain properties if you have written permission from the property owner. They are considered a nuisance animal and land owers can hunt them if they are found to be a nuisance to their live stock

Coyotes do eat a lot of mice too so that's a good thing in a way. Look for areas with high concentations of hawks and you will find areas that have a lot of mice and voles. Same thing with Owls. They hang out in areas full of small rodents. That's where the coytoes will be too. They are more active at dusk and dark. But they can be found hunting at any hour of the day or night. It depends on the time of the year and whether or not they are feeding pups. When they are raising pups from April to May both parents may be found hunting in the daytime.

Post Thanks / Like

No walleye that I know of............startin to get a decent population of spots though. I caught several last summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep spotted bass............how did we get on the subject of yotes anyway!!??? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught Spots out of there for years. Not alot tho, just a few every year.