Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to Dale Hollow....

Yep, you read it right. Should be a couple of good days to fish according to the weather. Saturday - Cloudy mid 50's for high, little to no wind, should be the first day after a cold front, which I love in the winter, and Sunday - Partly Cloudy with SW wind 10-15 mid 50's for high, should be the first day before another cold front comes in on Monday, which I love as well any part of the year. Sick or not-sick, Friday afternoon it is off to the Hollow for Chunknwind and myself for 2 days on the water. Already getting stuff together and Friday can't come soon enough for me. Already planned out the milkrun at daylight, the mid afternoon milkrun, and the late afternoon milkrun to all of the spots that have produced in the past. Don't care if the bobber goes hippity hop or not, don't care if I see one single Smallie, for just being on the water with my Best Bud is good enough for me. Don't get me wrong, it will not be for lack of effort, FNF, Silver Buddy, Yellow Hoss Fly, Drop Shot, Shaky Heads, if we don't land a fish but don't have any high expectations of this trip except to go and come back the same or a tad bit better than I am now. Trying to find all my winter gear is going to be the hardest part of the trip. For all you at Dale this weekend, stop by and say Hello to Chunk and myself. We will be fishing mid lake from First Island north to Illwill, most likely, but won't rule out a run up into the Wolfe if mid lake is not producing to catch some Ky's. It will be easy to find us for we will be in Hendo's Triton with Yamahama 175, handsome dude up front on the trolling motor (that's him) trying to find the net and big old ugly dude in the back (that's me) with the 10' All Pro or 9'6" Loomis FNF rod bent plum double in hand to hand combat with "One of those Big Old Good One's", "Good old Biggins", or just one of them "Good Old Brownfish". Besides, Celina has a hospital and I know exactly where it is (IF NEEDED). It won't be the first time that Hens has taken me to the hospital in the middle of a fishing trip, happened 2 years back in March as we were pre-fishing a tourney at Barren. Popped Hernia about 5am Saturday morning moving a cooler, fished all day in pain, left the water around 5pm, could not stand it anymore by 7pm, Glasgow Ky hospital, transfered to St. Joe in Lexington that night, Surgery 8am Sunday morning end of fishing for a while. Don't plan on visiting any hospitals on this trip, but just in case, I know where the closest one is. I will have some good anti-inflamitory medicine for Henson's shoulders and back from bending over and netting all of my fish...........................IF NEEDED. Good Luck and see you on the water.
    Last edited by elnutsmalljaws; 02-27-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going to Dale Hollow....

Go get 'em Elnut! Good to see you back in action.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know you but from all of your health problems ive read about as of late I hope you absolutely whack 'em. Like you said, the day on the lake will be therapy enough, but i sure hope you all get into 'em.

Post Thanks / Like

Gl guys sure wish i could do that trip with you two--You guys should have a good trip-Git R Done boys

Post Thanks / Like

Go get'em Elwood, I wish you both a safe, productive, and trouble free trip.
    Im glad to see your finally getting back on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

I just spent a couple of hours getting all my winter fishing gear together and let me tell you, I feel alive for the first time since October. Never thought I would ever be so jacked to see Friday come as I am this week. I am usually high strung anyways before a trip but these next couple of days will be more high strung than ever. Funny how something like a little 2 day trip to the best lake on the planet for some BIG BROWNFISH can help a guy out. Chest hurting and don't even care, coughing and don't even care, open wound on my stomache and don't even care.....the only thing I care about now (excluding my wife and kids) is hopping in Henson's Chevy Friday afternoon and heading off to Dale with a Triton in tow. Went so far as to break out a brand new GPS map of the Hollow and circled all the spots to hit just to make sure we don't miss one. Sitting here 150 miles away and can vision every spot exactly down to the boat position, the length of cast, to what I will feel under water with my jig and especially the exact cast and how I will work the fly. Packed my map and GPS, even though Henson calls me the Human GPS of Dale Hollow, which is pretty close for I can just about draw the outline of the lake from Illwill down to First Island on a blank piece of paper, including the better ledges and humps that we fish plus every spot that has given up a 5+ pounder to me. I am not very good at much but I can navigate this part of the lake in the dark without a GPS. Now how long is it until Friday gets here?????

Post Thanks / Like

Go get'em Elwood, hope you whack them Brown fish like never before...... Going to get to fish the Hollow finally myself on the 15th of next month for our clubs 1st. Tournament of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill be down there sunday. Will be in a white skeeter somewhere in the shallow grass. then again there is always the deep bluffs in the coves. and then the main lake points. and then cover and secondary points. and don't forget the pea gravel banks. LOL! can you tell its the first trip of the season. ill report with how the lake is. can't give out too much info, don't want Mills getting all my honey holes and telling his buddies! LOL! Be safe and hope to see ya! Skeeter

Post Thanks / Like

Man if anyone deserves to be on the water it's you elwood. you lay in there and jack a few jaws for me. you and cliff have a safe trip down there and back. i'll be keeping you all in mind. need a full report when you get back, lies or truths it doesn't matter lol. good luck to you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Going to Dale Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterjames View Post
    Ill be down there sunday. Will be in a white skeeter somewhere in the shallow grass. then again there is always the deep bluffs in the coves. and then the main lake points. and then cover and secondary points. and don't forget the pea gravel banks. LOL! can you tell its the first trip of the season. ill report with how the lake is. can't give out too much info, don't want Mills getting all my honey holes and telling his buddies! LOL! Be safe and hope to see ya! Skeeter
    Hey James! Thanks for not giving out all YOUR honey holes!.LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcbasser View Post
    Man if anyone deserves to be on the water it's you elwood. you lay in there and jack a few jaws for me. you and cliff have a safe trip down there and back. i'll be keeping you all in mind. need a full report when you get back, lies or truths it doesn't matter lol. good luck to you all.
    Hey Mike thanks for the comments. If we catch them then it will be the "Truth Report" and if we don't then it will be the "Lie Report" just for you. Hoping for more Truths than Lies but we will see. In talking to Headrick this afternoon, I think a lot of my spots should produce some fish and some pretty good quality ones in that. I never claim to be a good fisherman but I do fish for Big fish and not quantity of fish. I would rather have 1 - 5 pounder in a day versus 10 - 12 inchers anyday. Hens and I will be targeting that one GOOD bite, you can bet on that. But, if the stink is not out of the boat early then I do have a few spots that are guaranteed "Stink Removers" if needed. I will call you when we get back Sunday night or Monday. Hoping to share a boat with you one day and I appreciate you coming to the Hospital and meeting me for the first time a couple of months ago. It really does mean a lot for all of the fellas that came to the hospital during the last 5 months. Later Elnut

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I didn't say anything about the one deep hole that you have to throw 2lb test fluro with a 1/32 oz tube in to. LOL! we both know all about that dental floss for line!

I would really like to fish deep, but can convince anyone to fish in 8 feet of water! LOL!