Search Fishin.com

Thread: Digital Scale??

Post Thanks / Like

Digital Scale??

I am looking to buy a digital scale this year. What would be a good one to buy? Thanks Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Digital Scale??

I had the same decision to make last weekend, and went with a much cheaper oldstyle scale. About 2 years ago, I bought a $30 scale, don't know the brand for sure so won't guess, and it stopped working last fall. I don't have great luck with electronics around water environments.

Looking at the rack at BPS, I bought a $6 model that would not be impacted by moisture, heat, etc. I took it home and tested it with barbell plates to make sure it was calibrated. It seems to work fine and will get me within a few ounces of actual weight on the tests I ran. To boot, it had a ruler built in that you could do measurement with as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Bogagrip. Not digital but it is the best. Can send it off to get certified to. Little expensive but once you buyt it you won't be dissapointed with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I thinking of getting one of those Berkley lip gripper/digital scale combo's. They're a little expensive, but with one of those and a good pair of pliers, you can catch a fish, remove the hook, weigh it, and release it, without ever having to touch its body and damage its slime coat. And I'm pretty they also can be certified.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    I had the same decision to make last weekend, and went with a much cheaper oldstyle scale. About 2 years ago, I bought a $30 scale, don't know the brand for sure so won't guess, and it stopped working last fall. I don't have great luck with electronics around water environments.

Looking at the rack at BPS, I bought a $6 model that would not be impacted by moisture, heat, etc. I took it home and tested it with barbell plates to make sure it was calibrated. It seems to work fine and will get me within a few ounces of actual weight on the tests I ran. To boot, it had a ruler built in that you could do measurement with as well.
    lol like your economics had to be an original "Deliar"