Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jig supplies have arrived!!!!!!

It was like Christmas today here. I got home and had a package in the mail of all kinds of skirts (fishingskirts.com), a box from lurecraft on the porch, and the big box from barlow's came later via UPS. I ordered a variety of skirts to see what I would like. I really like the frog hair - it is really fine, but each srtand is only half the size, so I guess I neeed twice as much. I have already made a few skirts to see how the tools work.
    I ordered the finer size weedgaurds to put in and they are perfect - I usually end up cutting half of the standard ones off. I also got some magnum rattles - not sure if I am crazy about these. Instead of having a collar with an extra hole for the rattle, it has an open circle to hook directly on the collar. They are loud, though. I don't use rattles that often. Also got a cheapy toaster oven for powder painting at wally world. I can't wait to get started, but it will have to wait a few days - I will be on the lake all weekend.

I got two kinds of hooks - gamakatsu and sohumi (priced about equal) and from 1st inspection the sohumi's seem to have a better point on them - I guess I will have to see how they last.

I am sure I will be on here several times - and may end up giving some of you a call for some help if I run into any problems. I will post some pic's when I get some done - Hopefully they will be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jig supplies have arrived!!!!!!

Have fun with your new addiction!

Andrew