Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Getting started in Bass tournaments

Hello to all of you bass guys. Last fall enter my first bass tournament. It was out of Brandenburg Ky on the Ohio river. It was myself and brother, we won first place by fishing for smallmouth, with worms and tubes, anyhow that got me hooked. I would like to fish some tourneys on rough and nolin. If any of you got any suggestions on what clubs would be a good starter please let me know. If any of you ever need a co angler let me know also. Will split all cost plus use my truck to pull rigg. Im a tow boat pilot so I work 28 days on and 28 days off, so I will go anytime Im off. I would like to fish a couple of bigger tournament with some of you guys that know what you are doing before I get out there and make a fool out of myself.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting started in Bass tournaments

Take a look at USA Bassin's website. They have a tournament trail that is called KY-3 Twin Lakes which fishes only Rough and Nolin. Good tournament, run by a real nice guy name John Newton. Membership is $25.00, and tournaments are $60.00 which includes big bass.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished that trail last year (Green River Lake) and went to the Classic. I was happy with how things were done at Douglas Lake. All the people involved did a great job.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna give the GRL divison a try this year as long as I can afford to put gas in my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

If you live in the Brandenburg area and are wanting to fish club tournaments with some good guys who are also very good fishermen, you could take a look at Hoosier Hills Bassmasters out of Corydon. We fish Rough, Barren, KY/Barkley, Patoka, Monroe, and the Ohio. Costs are minimal and the experience is worthwhile. We have an open tournament on Rough Saturday, 3/8 if you wanted to meet any of the guys first. The details are on the tournament board labeled March Madness.

If you aren't necessarily looking for club tournies, I have dealt with John Newton before as well and he seems to be running a nice circuit with USA Bassin out of Rough and Nolin. He frequents this board often.

Post Thanks / Like

Rough and Nolin both have weekly open tournaments, low cost, no annual dues. Might be a good place to get started