Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dedicated Fishing IDIOT

I have the perfect definition of a Dedicated Fishing IDIOT. It is one that packs medical supplies in his tackle box for him being on blood thinners to get rid of the blood clots in his lungs makes him bleed very freely if cut and he is prone to sticking hooks in his hands easily 5-6 times a day. It is one that has to pack 2 bags for a simple 2 day trip, one bag full of clothes and the other bag full of medical supplies to change the bandages on his stomach for the open wound he has had since October is still "Open". It is one that will be wearing 7 count them 7 layers of clothes, tee shirt, 2 flannel tops, 2 sweatshirt, sweat jacket, rain jacket on his upper torso to help protect the pnuemonia that is supposively in his left lung. Basically the definition of a Dedicated Fishing IDIOT can be summed up in one word...........ME. See ya on the water Elnut.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dedicated Fishing IDIOT

Elwood, I hope you have a great time out on the water, but I hope you come home without any problems that could set you back. Coming back home feeling good, now that would be the best news.

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful and have a great time, fill us in on all the juicey details when you get back........ P.s. Wear that PFD......... Still mighty cold water you know.....

Post Thanks / Like

Man be careful! It sounds like you could set yourself back if you don't. Good luck and enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Let er rip you only live once....As said before "better to of died reachin for a dream than to never dreamed at all"..Or something like that.....Let us know how you do...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    It is one that will be wearing 7 count them 7 layers of clothes, tee shirt, 2 flannel tops, 2 sweatshirt, sweat jacket, rain jacket on his upper torso to help protect the pnuemonia that is supposively in his left lung.
    I appreciate your dedication...consider some polypropylene, wool, and polartec fleece undergarments and you A)won't need as many layers, and B) will be much more comfortable...take this from a MI guy that fishes for walleye and steelhead in open water when the thermometer is below the freezing mark. Cotton garments are the kiss of death when it comes to cold weather fishing. Good luck with your recovery!