Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ontario Canada Fishing Reports

Hi All

Your source for "What's Up" in Ontario.

Lots of ice right now in Central and Northern Province. Lake Simcoe Perch are getting ready for their migration to Atherly Narrows. Orillia Perch Festival April 19th to May 10th. Millions of Perch. Tagged fish worth up to $5,000.00.
    See www.orillia.com or email me for details.

Sparrow Lake Walleye are starting to move towards spawning grounds. This time of yr can produce some great walleye action.

Bay of Quinte was great again this past fall. November weeks produced huge numbers of 10lb plus walleye again. Numbers seem to be up in the past few yrs. Maybe more anglers are getting wise and doing replica mounts of those 14lbers and keeping the little 5 to 6lbers to eat.

Georgian Bay -Honey Harbour produced some big Muskie this year. Midland Harbour should be good this coming season.

For Ontario info email mike@reelpro.ca
    If I don't know, I can put you onto other guides that do.

CHEERS Good Luck in 08.

www.reelpro.ca

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ontario Canada Fishing Reports

Are you familar with EAGLE Lake up there? I fished that lake a few times back in 1969 and again in 1970 or 1971. They have some nice walleye, muskie and Northern in that lake. There is a river that drains into the lake and we stayed at a camp that was upriver about 1/2 to 1 mile upstream. We stayed at the Fin and Feather camp for three weeks. We were only scheduled to stay for a week but we like it so much we extended our vacation that summer by two weeks. I loved fishing that area. No bugs other than a few mosquitoes that got into our car somehow. And that was not until we were on our way back home. I was driving and as soon as I got inside the car and started up the mosquiteoe came out of the vents and started to bite our ankles. I guess we aired the car out or sprayed some mosquitoe repellant into the vents to get rid of them. Funny how I remember that after all these years.

I remember everyone telling me to watch out for the "No see em's but I never got bit by them. I think we were up there during the first part of June as we left right after I graduated from High School that year.

Do the bugs get worse in August. I think that they told us to get up there early in the year before the bugs got bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelpro View Post
    Hi All

Your source for "What's Up" in Ontario.

Lots of ice right now in Central and Northern Province. Lake Simcoe Perch are getting ready for their migration to Atherly Narrows. Orillia Perch Festival April 19th to May 10th. Millions of Perch. Tagged fish worth up to $5,000.00.
    See www.orillia.com or email me for details.

Sparrow Lake Walleye are starting to move towards spawning grounds. This time of yr can produce some great walleye action.

Bay of Quinte was great again this past fall. November weeks produced huge numbers of 10lb plus walleye again. Numbers seem to be up in the past few yrs. Maybe more anglers are getting wise and doing replica mounts of those 14lbers and keeping the little 5 to 6lbers to eat.

Georgian Bay -Honey Harbour produced some big Muskie this year. Midland Harbour should be good this coming season.

For Ontario info email mike@reelpro.ca
    If I don't know, I can put you onto other guides that do.

CHEERS Good Luck in 08.

www.reelpro.ca

Post Thanks / Like

Bugs are bad early in the year. May/June by July they are pretty much gone.

Post Thanks / Like

How are the bugs at Eagle Lake in the first part of August?