Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Easy Way to Paint Jig Heads

It may sound weird but I have found a really fast and effective way to paint jigs. Of course most all of my jig heads I have ever fished are in the color black so i dont know what other colors will work. But anyhow, I use a black paint marker and paint the jig heads. I hang them on a wire rack, and if they have weedguards i slide a peice of a drinking straw over them. Once the paint has dried I spray them with a clear coat sealent. I found this sealant in the crafting section of walmart. It is mainly used in ceramics. But it works great. I really like it b/c it keeps paint out of the hook eye. I hate tying on and hunting for the jig eye buster. LoL Hope everyone loves there new found addictions! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easy Way to Paint Jig Heads

I got some appliance paint at Home Depot and painted a few this weekend. They turned out great. This paint has epoxy already in it. I also use a straw to put over the weedguard. I don't know how durable they will be when fished around rocks. If they don't hold up well I will coat with a little Devcon 2 ton epoxy and that will fix em'.

This is much faster and easer than powder paint or dip and drip. I am going to get a can of white and try to spray a few spinnerbaits. They also sell a John Deer yellow (it is not appliance paint) they say it is pretty durable. I am also going to get it to see how they turn out. I'll let everyone know if you are interested. Ryan

PS I also primed them first.