Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

BRUTAL day on Cland

Despite the wind advisories, i could not pass up an opportunity to be on the water with 70+ degree temps. WOW the wind was brutal. never less than 20 mph and gusted over 40 mph at times. Boated one keeper spot. his tooth patch was chattering from the water temps and the wind! water temps generally 45 and lake has a deep stain (nearly muddy). most places i fished were white capping - even the creeks! you know despite the tough conditions, i must say that my equipment held up well. the triton ride was as dry as it could be and my digital motorguide held up like a champ despite the howling wind. gonna take some steady warm days and nights but spring is just around the corner! heading back out later this week - probably dale hollow if the wind settles down. good luck to all. LOTS of suspended fish graphed in the 15-20ft range.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BRUTAL day on Cland

we went sunday and boated one keeper smallie around the 4 1/2 range...last weekend had one keeper smallie and a 3lb spot...its tough right now but should be gettin better really soon...did you fish down or up the lake,we fished between the boys camp and beaver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BRUTAL day on Cland

fished same general area - midlake. going to head out tomorrow but may bypass cland and head down to dale.