Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

How Long has Fishin.com been around?

I was talking the other day on how long we've been using the internet for helping us find fishing information.

It had to be back in the early 90's?

When I first found this site there was only a Kentucky and Tennessee forum. I had emailed Peter and asked him if we could have an Indiana forum and he put up make shift poll on the KY board and the next thing we know here we are. I think Indiana came on board in the late 90's, close to 10 years ago. I had another name then and changed when the board was upgraded.

Personally this is my #1 site on finding fishing information for the states I visit, especially Indiana.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Long has Fishin.com been around?

I first use the internet back in 1995. That was when Evansville Central Library had a link to the main internet.

Back in the 1990's it was used mostly by the academic world to talk from one college campus to another or for the military to talk to it's contractors in the academic world.

I didn't get high speed internet or a cable modem until around 2003. But it took Sigecom a while to build their fiber optic network out into Warrick County, IN

I used to get all my fishing information from books and magazines not form the internet.

I have learned a lot about fishing from reading the forums on the internet. But most of my fishing knowlege comes from actually fishing and from the books and magazines that I have read over the past 40 years.

I discovered Fishin.com back in 2003 when I got tired of playing online games. I had not been fishing much during the late 1980's and early 1990's when I was still married and working out of town a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Long has Fishin.com been around?

I am not sure of the exact year but I came aboard here in the mid 90's when Peter asked me to share my fishing report with the site. Around the time I retired from the military which was in 95.