Liberal vs. conservative vs. independent, whatever, let's look at the facts. What does the Animal Control Advisory Board do? Check out their own web site:

http://www.kyagr.com/acab/index.htm

As stated there, "The duties of the Board include making recommendations to the Commissioner of the Department of Agriculture relating to animal control issues, evaluating applications for disbursement of animal care and control funds, establishing shelter standards, and creating training programs." That's it. Animal Control Officers are the ones who remove unwanted animals from people's property and such; they're not Game Wardens. Maybe I'm being obtuse, but I just don't see where this advisory board has any influence whatsoever on hunting or fishing, or on any legislation. OK, so HSUS is not the organization I thought they were, and the assertion that they're totally against hunting does have merit, but if I have a stray animal in my yard and call Animal Control, I don't care if the officer who responds is for or against hunting and/or fishing.