Search Fishin.com

Thread: Late summer cat

Post Thanks / Like

Late summer cat

One of my better ones from last year.Plan on getting a 60 or 70lber this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flathead3.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flathead2.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	566  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Late summer cat

Hey bigcat.This came from that 2nd spot we fished that night,last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    One of my better ones from last year.Plan on getting a 60 or 70lber this year.

nice fish... i plan on getting a 60+ myself this year...to beat last years 50 lber

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to get one this year but i need to try a little harder.Ive only catfished the river 2 or 3 times this year.Wish i had a scale to weigh the one in that photo.Care to guess?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey John Nice flathead!! I haven't been on here much. Went bass fishing today we got two five pounders. Ill post pics of them later tonight. Went to Cannelton Sunday night guess I was gone before the acciendts happened. I wish people would learn that you dont have to fish right up next to the discharge. We caught three good flats, no blues. They had 7 or 8 gates open really to much water but hey we got three. This will be my last weekend home for a month think Ill fish friday and saturday night down at Cannelton if you all want to go.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Nice flat John.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark.Did you and Chuck go back out and did you get another good one?

Post Thanks / Like

nice flathead keep fishin the ohio river its a matter of time you will catch that 60+ pounder

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i love about the river,you just never know.Also wouldnt hurt me to get with Chuck-riverrat12 for some lessons......Come on Chuck ill provide the boat and frosty beverages lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i love about the river,you just never know.Also wouldnt hurt me to get with Chuck-riverrat12 for some lessons......Come on Chuck ill provide the boat and frosty beverages lol.
    My right hand started to curl up on me and that usually means some one said free frosty beverages.LOL Well Mark and I got out Fri. and had a hard time gettin bait so we went up to the lower dam for some skips ,had one on and lost it and all the sudden the water started boiling and the hybrid bite was on. I couldn't tell you how many we caught but I know Mark had like 10 consecutive casts with either a fish or a miss on a lure Andrew(APB) made. Which I think I need him to make one for me and another for Mark aaaa I'll let Mark tell ya about that lol. Well I finally did see and catch some shad and we did a few drifts had one good pull down and afew gar bites, nothing like last week so we went back to bass fishin and hit a few more. The DNR where everywhere do to the unfortunate accident and lots a sight seeing going on so we called it a day. When ever you want to go down John, I'm down on Fri. and it sounds like Doug Knows someone I Know ,because he knows about my high octane water bottle.lol Give me a call...Chuck And good catch...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark.Did you and Chuck go back out and did you get another good one?
    John, just seeing this, like Chuck said the cat bite was not happening but we did catch alot of fish. Over in the boils I was wearing out the whites and hybrids for a spell while the Chuster was hunting shad. I lost count of the whites and we caught quite a few real decent hybrids. Later Chuck even caught a 7 to 8lb true striper. Nice night to be out but kinda sobering and humbling to see them looking for that 19 year old kid, what a tradgedy. I don't know if Chuck can stand to be around me three Friday's in a row but if he'll have me I'm ready again. I might just get him to drop me off on the rock point over at the gates and pick me up at dark, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    John, just seeing this, like Chuck said the cat bite was not happening but we did catch alot of fish. Over in the boils I was wearing out the whites and hybrids for a spell while the Chuster was hunting shad. I lost count of the whites and we caught quite a few real decent hybrids. Later Chuck even caught a 7 to 8lb true striper. Nice night to be out but kinda sobering and humbling to see them looking for that 19 year old kid, what a tradgedy. I don't know if Chuck can stand to be around me three Friday's in a row but if he'll have me I'm ready again. I might just get him to drop me off on the rock point over at the gates and pick me up at dark, LOL.
    Mark, just like the price is right.....COME ON DOWN....lol Chuck