Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $5.19 per gallon!

look up "peak oil". hopefully I'm just paranoid and this is not true. but from what I've looked up on the internet, there have not been any oil refineries built since the 70's d/t big oil knew, that is the most refining that would ever be needed. because you would not be able to increase production of oil past a certain point. Most of the people that "say they know", say that point has been reached. That it took around 150 yrs to use half the oil and that it will only take about 50 yrs to use the other half. Who knows OPEC may not be able to increase production any more. Look at the country of Dubae they know there going to run out of oil in about ten yrs. So there out in the ocean building whole islands shape like all sorts of different things. too make there country a vacation place. I think thats where people like Tiger Woods and that sucky soccer guy with the plastic surgery ugly wife with the hot fake body has a house. Sorry about the idiot rich people rant.

Who Knows
    IMHO I think we will never leave iraq because they have 25% of the worlds oil that is left and we want it

Post Thanks / Like

Coal to oil, old school. Hitler did in the the 30's and 40's during the war. What do we have more than coal?
    The high cost no price is because the dollar has lost so much of its value. The cost of oil still around $8.00 per barrel, yes this is right. The cost of getting out of the ground. Look at it this way, if you had a product that someone wanted and you could charge just about anything, wouldn't you?
    Yes we are using less, and we could do better but even if we got all of our oil from US companies, wouldn't they want to sell their oil for the same price as the oil from OPEC? I know I would. And if I'm a stock holder in one of these oil companies I would want them to.
    PS. to the guy who said we can blame Florida for not knowing how to count. If Mr. Gore had become President I have no doubt that we would all be praying 6 times a day facing east, or we would be DEAD!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CMIDD View Post
    3.00-5.00, its way out of hand. Its friggin highway robbery. The stock market losing 100+ points a day, and the price of oil continues to rise. Apparently SOMEONE is making money off us. Personally I think its bull$hit. As I said before, if you want to stimulate the economy, take that tax rebate and somehow someway use it to lower the price of gas. The roads would be SO much busier if gas was even $2.25 a gallon. Just my 2 cents.

The price of oil had to go up. Exxon's CEO just received an $800 million bonus....and to think that we paid for it is maddening.

I'll be leaving tomorrow morning driving 550 miles, one way, to south Alabama to settle my Mother's and my Brother's estates. It doesn't help that I'll be driving a truck because I have to tow a rental trailer and bring some things back. Every time I stop at a gas station and fill up it's going to cost me about $100. OUCH!

The United States would benefit greatly by building its own refineries and buying as little foreign oil as possible.
    Last edited by bassin_bug; 03-10-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: To separate posts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASSKING View Post
    i was checking the AAA website that monitors prices in every state and the highest in Cali was 3.56 for regular gas. not trying to be an a$$ or anything but where did you hear 5.19?? not that 3.56 isnt outrageous but 5.19 and i would not drive anymore.
    No probem, I was watching the Today Show and they were reporting on it. Of course this was on the day I posted it.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone want to trade a sailboat or rowboat for a Triton????!!!! Gas hit $3.20 here today, and it is expected to go up a little more. These high gas prices are going to put even more of a stress on the already weak economy. Does anyone know why we haven't tapped into the reserve yet?? Don't we have the largest fuel reserve now that we have had in years?? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Col,
    I always understood the reason is that the special interest groups have put enough money, time and backscratching to the politicians to stop it that it would take an act of congress (pun intended) to change it.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: $5.19 per gallon!

according to AAA website california had the highest price yesterday at 3.78 a gallon. today they went a little over four. it is expected to climb slowly through out the spring and summer across the U.S. so we will be paying 3.75 to 4.25 a gallon by the middle of summer. analyst (spelling??) have put a price an crude oil at 120.00 a barrel by summer. i think im going to get me a float tube and strap it to the roof of my wifes focus to save money and still be able to fish. might even have to find a car pool in my area to get back and fourth to work. driving my truck would cost around 120.00 every four days just to go to work. 120.00 every four days = average 840.00 a month just to get to work. i could get a job at speedway down the street and walk to work and make more money than i would having to spend that much on gas.

"there is no releif in sight"
    Last edited by BASSKING; 03-11-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    What did the oil companys do with the tax breaks? Where I uswed to live in nortern indiana, there were six oil refinerys in a 25 mile circle, today there is juist one.Why are no refinerys being built? easy, supply and demand, when the supply is low, they get what they demand, sort of like the golden rule"them with the gold, make the rules" Wonder how things would have turned out, if the fols in florida knew how to count?

That may be the most ridiculous post i have ever read.I hope you meant it as a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is some scary figures for gas I'm feeling your pain. Man that s u c k s!