Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

$5.19 per gallon!

There it is fellas California has these prices in a few locations. How long until it hits the Midwest? Wonder how it will effect the fishing industry?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $5.19 per gallon!

It will hurt most of us, butm but but, the price of diesel fuel is almost sinfull.This will effect grocery prices and most retail prices,and there is no end in sight.

Post Thanks / Like

Don, none of the Presidential candidates are saying a word about gas prices. If you asked 100 middle class Americans what's eating their wallet up more than anything I bet 80% say fuel prices. This country is headed for major recession and if something isn't done soon I'll just have to sell my boat and buy a team of horses and hand dig a doggone pond to fish in. It's out of hand and getting ridiculous. The biggest reserve in three years and prices continue to skyrocket,,,,, huhhhhh.

Post Thanks / Like

i figure for some less fortunate that have lower paying jobs they will have no reason to work,they are gonna be working just to buy gas to get there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTFSHWHISKER View Post
    i figure for some less fortunate that have lower paying jobs they will have no reason to work,they are gonna be working just to buy gas to get there.
    Boy, you've got that right. Add in a little health insurance and you might as well rob the bank,get arrested and put in jail. Three hots and a cot and free health care.

Post Thanks / Like

What did the oil companys do with the tax breaks? Where I uswed to live in nortern indiana, there were six oil refinerys in a 25 mile circle, today there is juist one.Why are no refinerys being built? easy, supply and demand, when the supply is low, they get what they demand, sort of like the golden rule"them with the gold, make the rules" Wonder how things would have turned out, if the fols in florida knew how to count?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    There it is fellas California has these prices in a few locations. How long until it hits the Midwest? Wonder how it will effect the fishing industry?
    i was checking the AAA website that monitors prices in every state and the highest in Cali was 3.56 for regular gas. not trying to be an a$$ or anything but where did you hear 5.19?? not that 3.56 isnt outrageous but 5.19 and i would not drive anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

3.00-5.00, its way out of hand. Its friggin highway robbery. The stock market losing 100+ points a day, and the price of oil continues to rise. Apparently SOMEONE is making money off us. Personally I think its bull$hit. As I said before, if you want to stimulate the economy, take that tax rebate and somehow someway use it to lower the price of gas. The roads would be SO much busier if gas was even $2.25 a gallon. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess until we are all on the government teet the politicians won't be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

as far as fishing industry,i know i won't be buying many lures cause i won't need them..?An exxon official spoke on the refinery thing a while back.The epa,govnmt. standards are so strict and the opposition from communities they consider building them in makes them NOT PROFITABLE.his words..
    i ask this..what good are the refineries if O.P.E.C refuses to pump more crude like they decided this week??we are @#$#ed like a tied goat..they raise prices at the hint of things,heck it went up when the rumor of some leader or terrorist supposedly was assasinated..

Post Thanks / Like

The only real way out of this is to come up with some alternative fuel source(s) that can be produced HERE in the USA. Until such time, they have us by the short hairs. You really gotta wonder though. WWII we decided we needed the A-bomb, just theoretically possible at that time, figured out how to split the atom and made it happen in what, 4 years? JFK decides we need to put a man on the moon and it happens pretty quickly. Soooooo, is it that much harder to come up with a viable alternative fuel source and the means to disperse it??????

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO there's one reason why gas prices are so high: We'll pay it! As soon as the price goes high enough to reduce demand, the price will drop again... just enough for people to start buying again. Oil companies have a duty to their stockholders to maximize profits, and that's what they're doing. Yes, we need a fuel source we can produce here at home, but it's got to be PROFITABLE to do so, or it'll never happen.