Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama's Church???

Alright boys I urge you to go to the Trinity United Church Of Christ, Chicago and just tell me what you think. What country is he trying to be President of............Hmmmmmmmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obama's Church???

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Alright boys I urge you to go to the Trinity United Church Of Christ, Chicago and just tell me what you think. What country is he trying to be President of............Hmmmmmmmmm.
    I went to their website and found this:

About Us

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

1. A congregation committed to ADORATION.
    2. A congregation preaching SALVATION.
    3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
    4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
    5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
    6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
    7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
    8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
    9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
    10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

I don't see anything there I have a problem with. Many churches meet a kingdom need by gravitating toward a particular demographic. My guess is 99.9% of their members are African-American.

Can you be more specific about what your issue is with the church? Is it their commitment to Africa?

Post Thanks / Like

I could care less what church he goes to. I don't see that as being important. I don't let religion itself or religious differences predetermine whether or not I like someone. I would hate to think that anyone could consider someone's religion or religious beliefs as being a flaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it true the man will not pledge alegents (spell) to the american flag? I saw a pic. of that somewhere. he just stood there with his hands by his side. If true I do have a problem with.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a catholic, several times in my travels, went to a church with a black priest,the gospel was the same, the prayers were the same, and the message christ gave us was the same, Love Another.This may come as quite a shock to some of you out there. Jesus was not snow white! If he was as portrayed by many of us, white brown haired, blue eyed, he would have been looked at like a freak in that part of the world.What part of christian belief tells us to shun other christians? Or is the fact that ablack man wanting to be president upsets you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Is it true the man will not pledge alegents (spell) to the american flag? I saw a pic. of that somewhere. he just stood there with his hands by his side. If true I do have a problem with.

100% not true. Just a scam, already proven untrue.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Obama's Church???

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    I could care less what church he goes to. I don't see that as being important. I don't let religion itself or religious differences predetermine whether or not I like someone. I would hate to think that anyone could consider someone's religion or religious beliefs as being a flaw.
    Hey Col as usual you are trying to read more into something then is there. I never said I didn't like the man nor did I implicate that in anyway. I am not and never will be a racist pig however why doesn't that church focus on making America better instead of Africa. Do those people live in Africa, or America?? It's one thing to love and cherish your heritage and another to pander to and focus your energies and money's to a foriegn country. I.E. why I said what country does he want to be President of? If I was a devoted Lucifer worshiper and liked sacrificing living creatures for the love of my beloved Satan would you think that was a flaw??? As liberal as you are probably not, sorry for even bringing that one up, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Obama's Church???

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    I'm a catholic, several times in my travels, went to a church with a black priest,the gospel was the same, the prayers were the same, and the message christ gave us was the same, Love Another.This may come as quite a shock to some of you out there. Jesus was not snow white! If he was as portrayed by many of us, white brown haired, blue eyed, he would have been looked at like a freak in that part of the world.What part of christian belief tells us to shun other christians? Or is the fact that ablack man wanting to be president upsets you?
    DON'T turn this into race that was not my intent what so ever and I take offense in you saying so!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    If I was a devoted Lucifer worshiper and liked sacrificing living creatures for the love of my beloved Satan would you think that was a flaw??? As liberal as you are probably not, sorry for even bringing that one up, lol.
    As long as they weren't bass I wouldn't care!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Obama's Church???

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    As long as they weren't bass I wouldn't care!! LOL
    Tushay, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Whos turning this into a racial issue? Do you think what is happening in africa is only their problem? We are created in his image, ALL of us. I didn't see or remember ever hearing any exclusions of that fact. A starving kid in appalacia, demeans us just as much as starving kid in africa.For years we have sent missionary to that and other third world countrys, we supply them with bibles, and completly ignore the social problems that exist over in those countrys.Wait , when the presidential race begins, who ever it is that is running, all the dirt and false accusations will start to emerge. Thats why I cant abide with religion and politics put into the same category.We have right wings zealots, and if and when they come into power, they will tell us that what is happening is all Gods design. You know us white folks dont have that good a track record,the trail of tears wasn't an indian idea.Those slave ships that came here weren't a cruise ships for travel and recreation. There wasn't any Iraq or Iran, or Isreal or Palesestine, these were great white ideas that went wrong, and just who did all of these things, why god loving christians, thats who.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Obama's Church???

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Whos turning this into a racial issue? Do you think what is happening in africa is only their problem? We are created in his image, ALL of us. I didn't see or remember ever hearing any exclusions of that fact. A starving kid in appalacia, demeans us just as much as starving kid in africa.For years we have sent missionary to that and other third world countrys, we supply them with bibles, and completly ignore the social problems that exist over in those countrys.Wait , when the presidential race begins, who ever it is that is running, all the dirt and false accusations will start to emerge. Thats why I cant abide with religion and politics put into the same category.We have right wings zealots, and if and when they come into power, they will tell us that what is happening is all Gods design. You know us white folks dont have that good a track record,the trail of tears wasn't an indian idea.Those slave ships that came here weren't a cruise ships for travel and recreation. There wasn't any Iraq or Iran, or Isreal or Palesestine, these were great white ideas that went wrong, and just who did all of these things, why god loving christians, thats who.
    WELL SAID, I better stop here. !@#$%%^^&*&*

Good Fishing to All,
    Gary