Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Job=Political Association?

What do you guy's think? I'm in Construction and my girlfriend is an RN and we both are Republicans. I heard that there is some truth to this association?
    They mentioned some general groups but I'll wait and see how this goes...if at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Job=Political Association?

It took me a minute to figure out your question. I think you may be wrong in that A doesn't necessarily equal B. That meaning not ALL contractors are Repubs as not ALL nurses are Repubs. Confused? Me too!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that. After hearing this on the radio I started thinking...mmmm let me think about my friends, coworkers and family and apply their theory. I found that in my situation it was pretty accurate. I know it's not a science but it's fun to see how people have different opinions on politics even when we see or experience the same things.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for everyone, but I know there are a high percentage of democrats in the education field. I don't know why that is. Maybe we are just smarter!!!!!!!!!!LOL (totally kidding). I do think democrat politicians tend to be a little more supportive of educational issues and supporting educators.

Post Thanks / Like

Col,
    You hit it right on the head they did mentioned that though there was no mention of the smarter thing (ha ha).

Post Thanks / Like

Same for where I work, a lot more folks leaning towards the Dem side.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

I work in IT, with a lot of Democrats, which is kind of interesting, because we're the IT department of an insurance company, and most if not all of the corporate folks are Republicans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I know there are a high percentage of democrats in the education field. I don't know why that is. Maybe we are just smarter!!!!!!!!!!LOL (totally kidding). I do think democrat politicians tend to be a little more supportive of educational issues and supporting educators.
    Wow there's a shock, teachers being mainly liberal dems, who da thunk it, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    I BELIEVE IT'S A DEM CONSPIRACY TO TRY AND BRAIN-WASH THE YOUTH INTO LIBERALISM (HA!). YOU KNOW, THE MEDICAL FIELD DOES TEND TO BE MOSTLY REPUBLICAN. MOST OF THE DOCS I DO SURGERY WITH TEND TO BE REPS.....I GUESS THEY ARE JUST SMARTER (HA!).

I'M GONNA GO FROLICK IN THE SNOW......@#$#@%$ SNOW! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

My girlfriend said most of the Nurses in her office are as well (Rep.) but not all! The small business owners I know are Rep.'s. The Military guy's and gal's I knew and still know are from the Rep. view.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in IT, and my whole group is Republican, a vicious and cold hearted bunch of pointy heads for sure. The mere mention of the C word or the O word whips 'em into a liberal lynching frenzy. Animals with pocket protectors I tell ya. Why, the other day one of them whipped his tweeker out and threatened us all with it.

Don't worry about the youth getting brainwashed Richy, many of us were liberals in school. Most of us smarten up soon after encountering the real world though.