Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

America love it or leave it

O.K. guys girls and everybody else check this out and give me your opinnion. At work the other day in the break room they were talking about clinton winning some three states, not sure which ones. I was talking about that, which I was surprised Obama has been winning everything. Then one of my Co-workers stated, "Obamas wife said this was the first time she was proud to be an american." My reply to that with 10-15 people around of all colors and sexes was, "If she don't like it maybe they should ship her butt too iraq and see how she likes it." Then one of the women I work with stated, " she was not proud to be an american." Too that I said, "maybe they should send your butt too Iraq too." I was mad but didn't want to get into it any deeper. So I left it at that.

The next day my boss called me into the office, telling me not to talk about politics or stuff like that anymore because a few of my co-workers were trying to turn that into a racial thing.

IS THAT A BUNCH OF BULL or what eventhough gas prices have got me down, and the govt needs to be put on an allowance I spent 4 yrs in the military, served my country not near as much as plenty of you all here. But now I'm sopposed to be quiet when somebody says there ashamed to be an american. Not gonna happen

what do yall think

Post Thanks / Like

Re: America love it or leave it

Quote Originally Posted by Trophyhunter8 View Post
    O.K. guys girls and everybody else check this out and give me your opinnion. At work the other day in the break room they were talking about clinton winning some three states, not sure which ones. I was talking about that, which I was surprised Obama has been winning everything. Then one of my Co-workers stated, "Obamas wife said this was the first time she was proud to be an american." My reply to that with 10-15 people around of all colors and sexes was, "If she don't like it maybe they should ship her butt too iraq and see how she likes it." Then one of the women I work with stated, " she was not proud to be an american." Too that I said, "maybe they should send your butt too Iraq too." I was mad but didn't want to get into it any deeper. So I left it at that.

The next day my boss called me into the office, telling me not to talk about politics or stuff like that anymore because a few of my co-workers were trying to turn that into a racial thing.

IS THAT A BUNCH OF BULL or what eventhough gas prices have got me down, and the govt needs to be put on an allowance I spent 4 yrs in the military, served my country not near as much as plenty of you all here. But now I'm sopposed to be quiet when somebody says there ashamed to be an american. Not gonna happen

what do yall think

I think this belongs on the off topic board... and I SUPPORT YOU.
    I am fed up with the people who say they are not proud of this country.
    We send our men to die in other countries so that those countries can be free from dictators who kill and murder and they are not proud?
    OK, MAYBE we went into Iraq with less than a great plan, but we are better off today and the world is better off without Sadam Hussein in office. I AM PROUD OF THAT. Al Queda WAS IN IRAQ. It was reported widely during the beginning of the war.. and yet OBAMA says they were not there...??
    Clinton voted FOR the war, but is against it now because there were no weapons of mass destruction, but there were tyrants literally raping and killing women and childern for pleasure.
    The real shame is that we went into Iraq, but did not go into Sudan.
    No oil I guess, so no love for the millions being murdered there.
    Sudan is where Ossama Bin Laden first killed Americans by the way..
    Any way one of you guys who knows the board better please move this to the OFF topic board.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I had heard the same exact thing...one of my co-workers told me exactly what you said about Obama's wife...It doesn't make a hill of beans difference to me one way or another because Islama Obama is not getting my vote anyway...as a matter of fact, I don't know anybody that even knows anybody that's casting their vote for him.

Administrator - Your correct, this probably does belong in another area...but I agree with what the person said who started the thread and I thank him for his service in the United State military.

Post Thanks / Like

This definatly will be moved to the off topic board but I will answer you here. I am a 21 year vet U.S. Army and I understand what you are saying about if the dont love America then you need to get out. I have felt like saying that to a few people myself but, on the other hand I served those 21 years to protect the rights of all Americans to be able to speak their minds. As I too have become engaged in political talk with other people I have learned that most will say idiotic things just to get reactions from other people. Stay proud of your country and who you are and dont worry about others that have their own comments.

God Bless the USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry your right it is off topic

Post Thanks / Like

I am also a vet of six years army and was in panama. I am also a proffesional firefighter.. And this gripes me that everything always turns racial but I belive your just dealing with ignorant people at your work.

Post Thanks / Like

When people say things like that then they must be pretty unhappy in their personal life and I just consider the source.
    I have lived in Spain, Germany and Japan and even though those places were great to spend time in I was always happy to get back to this awesome country! We have it made....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a vet, my step father was career infantry, my grand son is on his second tour of duty,I remember someplace hearing that we serve our country, so that the right of free speech will not be curtailed, people are always talking crap. Since it is a free country, you DONT need to listen! Many of us have loved america, and even though we didn't choose to, we left it,and came back.

Post Thanks / Like

First rule of thumb...politics and religion are not good topics in the work place. Yeah, we all have freedom of speech but it is a fact of life that both these topics are subject to heated arguments do to different perceptions and beliefs and discussing them where you work or do business many times will only end up causing anomosity among folks that have to spend a good portion of their life everyday working together. Just my opinion.

More of my opinion. This country is not perfect. No country ever has been. Our country was founded on the principle of government for the people, by the people.....and people are not perfect...we make mistakes...and hopefully learn from these mistakes and take positive actions to correct the mistakes we have made. Being only human, we are all influenced by the economic, social and cultural environments that we grew up with. America has been a melting pot of people from all over the world that have differing views do to these differences. But, we all have one thing in common...and that is the love of freedom and the perception that it is better to govern ourselves than to be governed by the influencial few. What has made our country a place that so many people want to come live here is the fact that here in America everyone can feel relatively safe, have enough food to eat and have a chance to better one's station in life without fear of reprucusion from a government that is not answerable to the people governed. In order to maintain this standard in an ever evolving world decisions have to be made that will never please everyone because of our differing perceptions. Since we have the freedoms we so much love and have sacrificed for....we have open controversy on what directions we need to take in order to preserve our way of life and improve our futures.

During most of our history as a country the people have been able to find a common middle ground and work together to solve our problems for the good of the majority. Unfortunately, we as a country and people have become divided over the past 30 or 40 years to the point now that the majority of the people are either on the far left of center or the far right of center with neither willing to compromise for the good of the whole. There are probably a lot of reasons for this, but in my opinion this has been caused mainly with the advent of big money special interest groups on both the left and right that have been able to buy our governmental representatives to the point that our govenmental representives have become their puppets not only at the federal level but all the way down to local government. It is my opinion that we no longer as a people are voting for the best leader, but we are voting for the best puppet.

There was only one other time in our history that the people of this country was so much divided....and that was just before the civil war....the cost to correct this division was terribly high in both life and economics. My question I pose to you is, are we as a people going to correct this current situation of division by finding a way to take back the control of our government from the special interest groups or are we going to continue to feed this cancer that is eventually going to own us and our freedoms to serve their own greed until our children and grand children have no future. If you wonder just who these special interest groups are and who is backing them....you don't have to look far...they are multi national corporate with ties to many other governments in the world...which have no stake at all in our way of life and could care less what happens to us and our freedom as long as they are making money and futhering their own futures.

One last comment: I spent 26 years in the military serving my country and the people here. I did not do that so that I could say that I have more rights than any other person in this country to freedom of speech or any of the other liberties our constitution provides for. Soldiers serve where and when they are ordered to do so. Being a soldier does not necessarily mean you are in total agreement with what you have to do to perform the mission the government has ordered you to do. Fact is, soldiers spend their time in harm's way trying to survive and help their fellow soldier's survive...they do not spend their time spouting political propaganda from one point of view or another...they have more important things to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I am officially changing my vote to Dave for president! Maybe you can start a 3rd party. (Republican, Democrat, and Honest). Nevermind - I think you are needed here on the lakes. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    I am officially changing my vote to Dave for president! Maybe you can start a 3rd party. (Republican, Democrat, and Honest). Nevermind - I think you are needed here on the lakes. LOL
    I agree! Good stuff Dave.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

I would be glad to vote for Dave