Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Riverrat12: To Answer Your Question

Regarding Obama's refusal to pledge allegiance to the flag. Here's the story...you can click to see the pictures.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/11/obama-says-flag.html

Regardless of whether Obama did or did not place his hand over his heart, I AM NOT GOING TO VOTE FOR HIM because he doesn't have what it takes to be the President. I think his refusal to wear an American flag lapel pen has more to do with his beliefs about racial issues and, likely, considers himself to be African instead of American. In my opinion, if Obama is running for President of The United States of America, he needs to make up his mind WHICH country he considers himself to be a citizen of......Africa or America.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Riverrat12: To Answer Your Question

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    Regarding Obama's refusal to pledge allegiance to the flag. Here's the story...you can click to see the pictures.

Regardless of whether Obama did or did not place his hand over his heart, I AM NOT GOING TO VOTE FOR HIM because he doesn't have what it takes to be the President. I think his refusal to wear an American flag lapel pen has more to do with his beliefs about racial issues and, likely, considers himself to be African instead of American. In my opinion, if Obama is running for President of The United States of America, he needs to make up his mind WHICH country he considers himself to be a citizen of......Africa or America.
    This is exactly what I was trying to get across with my other post. bassin bug we are thinking alike on this one. Also he CONSTANTLY talks about change, change, we are going to change America, the only problem is what is he talking about, does anybody know??? I'll answer that for you, NO, because he doesn't know. Eddie George, football great has been tooting Hussein's horn. During a recent interview with a well known radio personality he was spewing this big he's for change, I think he said it about 15 times in a four minute interview. When he got done the radio guy said well what exactly is he gonna change, Eddie replys well I don't know but believe me he's gonna change some stuff, OMG, LOL. Oh and before you accuse me of making that one up or internet propoganda, do some homework, cause I personally heard the interview and it was ridiculous. The man made himself look like a fool.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riverrat12: To Answer Your Question

Oh, That's Better....so He Doesn't Cover His Heart During The Star Spangled Banner! Omg! A Presidential Candidate Who Doesn't Respect The Nation's Anthem Enough To Cover His Heart, Because His Grandaddy Said He Needed To Sing Instead. I Guess That's A Sign Of Bo's Ability To Multi-task! He Can't Sing And Cover His Heart At The Same Time....it's Pretty Dificult...my 4 Yr Old Daughter Does It!

You Have To Love The Dems Message This Presidential Race....change! However, Don't Attempt To Ask Them What And How They Attend To Do It! Lol! I Guess Dems Are Supposed To Be Dumb Enough To Vote On Who Says Change The Most! Lol!

As For Eddie George, Of Course He Doesn't Know How Bo Plans To "change" America, He's Only Voting Based On Color. I Have Yet To Meet An African American Who Isn't Voting For Bo. Just Don't Ask Them Why....it's Awkward For Them! At Least The Guy On Hannity Radio Today Was Honest When Asked If He Was Voting For Bo Soly Because Of His Race........he Said Yes. I Guess He Forgot To Mention Change As Well! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post

Yes that is the pic. I was speaking of...didn't know the story.but am like you which country is he for??? what will he change?? Yes I'd like to have more money,more fishing time,bigger boat, more land, nicier truck, is he going to do this for me??? NO...everybody complains about the war but can't remember what happened on that Tuesday...I do...I remember standing in line with 10 other angry men all buying gun shells and praying the government would call my old a$$ up to fight the ones that basically bombed us and laughed. Would I want to be in the pres. shoes when he got the news? No ,there would have been alot of glass in the middle east. Obama said he would pull our troops if elected. Then said he would go back in if terrorist put up shop again.aaaaah ...I know since 9\11 we haven't been attacked again .Oh except the small bomb at the recruiting station in NY. which was probably a Berkley reject. And I'm sorry the only ones making this a racial issue are the ones backing him because of his color not his politics. I honestly believe Bill Cosby is more in touch than Obama.Bottom line things could be better, but they could be alot worse. He can keep his CHANGE, HOPE, I'm happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    ...everybody complains about the war but can't remember what happened on that Tuesday...I do...I remember standing in line with 10 other angry men all buying gun shells and praying the government would call my old a$$ up to fight the ones that basically bombed us and laughed...
    Wrong war. I don't think you'll find many Americans at all who have a problem with the US going into Afganistan and going after Al Queda. Even though I did not vote for Bush, at that point I was 100% behind him. Problem was, rather than finishing the job there, getting the Afgans back on their feet, and insuring that the Taliban and Al Queda would not gain another foothold there, Bush decides to start a war in Iraq. That is the war that a number of people have a problem with. You know, that whole deal of going after WMD (should have known the Iraqis already used up all that Bush I sold them). Meanwhile, N Korean gets a nuke and Iran is hot after getting one....

...I know since 9\11 we haven't been attacked again ...
    So the anthrax thing was not an attack? How many times were we attacked before 9-11, on our own soil? Guess I just don't get this arguement. Worse attack on American soil EVER, and the adminstration who was in charge at the time is going to keep us safe?????

I see a number of people stating that as soon as a Dem is elected, taxes will increase. Question for you, how else do you plan on paying for all that Bush and company has borrowed while on their little spending spree? Money has got to come from somewhere, unless you plan on letting your grandkids pay for it all....

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you about the terrorist attacks. It was an American citizen who bombed the building in Oklahoma City but he was still a terrorist. The same is true with bombing abortion clinics. Remember Eric Rudolph.

I'm almost tempted to say that an American terrorist ordered the attack of Iraq so he and Cheney could get their grubby hands on the oil. They are the biggest "screw-ups" this country has ever elected. I'm not to blame, I didn't vote for Bush........and to think some people did it twice. Are they gluttons for punishment?!!!

My late father-in-law (God rest his soul) used to say, "Put a Republican in office and he'll make you stand in the soup lines."

Post Thanks / Like

I believe 99% of the anthrax attacks where actually baby powder or some other substance , and those that were real could easily be treated with ciproflexin, and were they mailed from the middle east or within? I really don't know and we probably will never know. And maybe we learned something from Russia as far as going into Afganistan...Looking from the outside in if you knew you would have to get a large military presents on the ground in the middle east what country would you have put it in. We unfortunetly allready knew alittle about Iraq. And I totally agree with you Andrew about the cost of war. Thats what I don't get about this rebate thing FREE MONEY on another thread. What ,we borrow money from China give it away and then spend it at walmart on abunch of Chinese goods.Anyway I feel we take the fight to them, instead of waiting for them to bring it to us. just a few thoughts from a fellow fisherman. Andrew, I've heard you make some great lures where can I find them I'd rather buy them from you than from China. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

.... Andrew, I've heard you make some great lures where can I find them I'd rather buy them from you than from China. Chuck
    I don't sell them, just make them for myself and a few friends. Stop by the Tackle making forum and I would be happy to help you learn how to build stuff.

Andrew