Search Fishin.com

Thread: Percy Priest

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Percy Priest

Thinking about fishing uasbassin tournnament sat. Haven't ever been there so any help would be great.Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Percy Priest

Typically this time of year, the winning bags come from the upper end of the lake and fishing extremely shallow---rattletraps and shad raps. I got wooped up on there a couple of years ago this time of year---March, and that's where people were catching them. They told me later, that you could see the mud trail your rattletrap was leaving, you were at the perfect depth. I believe they were using the smaller 1/4 oz version.
    I think chrome/blue,chrome/black and maybe even gold.
    Be extremely careful in the upper end----very shallow areas that are not marked---I know I tore up a lower unit really really bad. I hit a small rock pile in the middle of a bay that looked to be a decent depth, but in fact was only about 2 foot or less. No markers, or nothing there to tell you where the shallows are. Or at least there wasn't about 3 years ago.
    Of course the water level was down to winter pool too. I don't know where its' at right now.
    Good luck if you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Percy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    Typically this time of year, the winning bags come from the upper end of the lake and fishing extremely shallow---rattletraps and shad raps. I got wooped up on there a couple of years ago this time of year---March, and that's where people were catching them. They told me later, that you could see the mud trail your rattletrap was leaving, you were at the perfect depth. I believe they were using the smaller 1/4 oz version.
    I think chrome/blue,chrome/black and maybe even gold.
    Be extremely careful in the upper end----very shallow areas that are not marked---I know I tore up a lower unit really really bad. I hit a small rock pile in the middle of a bay that looked to be a decent depth, but in fact was only about 2 foot or less. No markers, or nothing there to tell you where the shallows are. Or at least there wasn't about 3 years ago.
    Of course the water level was down to winter pool too. I don't know where its' at right now.
    Good luck if you go.
    Mark,

I have a tourney down there next month and never been on the lake. Give me a call when you can.

502-744-5553

Skeeter

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Percy Priest

Thanks mark that will help alot.Going out of Fate Sanders so we mite just put the trolling motor down at blast off.Seen that the renegade tournament had a big fish in feb of 7+lbs.I like fishing skinny water and with the warm front mite do good.Thanks again and if you ever need any info give me a shout.