Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Impeller change???

This isn't the right board for this but I know it will get anwered on here so bear with me. What range do you guys look for on your water pressure gauge in idle or neutral? Mine is reading about 10 to slightly above, is it time for a new impeller? Motor is a 2000 and the impeller has been changed once about four years ago. I think I'm alright for another year as my stream seems strong but I thought I would axe my boyz.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Impeller change???

Somebody, Anybody????????

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could help but my little motor does not have any gauges. I only watch to see if it has a strong pee stream!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I wish I could help but my little motor does not have any gauges. I only watch to see if it has a strong pee stream!
    Thanks anyway Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only do I have CRS (can't remember stuff), but I also have DKS (don't know stuff.)

That being said, here's my unprofessional opinion.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I myself don't have a temp gauge. I just keep an eye on the weep hole. IF,the motor would overheat you should have an audible over heat alarm on the motor.
    Depending on the hours you run your motor, an impeller should last about 3 years. But again, I have DKS, so you better get a third opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe water pressure gauges are not always that accurate due to freeze damage, and 4 years on a rubber impeller is probably enough. Many people change their impeller out every year, some every other year, but I think most people would agree that after 4 years you're due.

Quit being lazy Mark. Mine needs changing too, so you can practice on yours then run by and knock mine out while I'm at work. BTW, bring your own tools, I never loan mine out. Just let me know when you've gotter done.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Impeller change???

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    I believe water pressure gauges are not always that accurate due to freeze damage, and 4 years on a rubber impeller is probably enough. Many people change their impeller out every year, some every other year, but I think most people would agree that after 4 years you're due.

Quit being lazy Mark. Mine needs changing too, so you can practice on yours then run by and knock mine out while I'm at work. BTW, bring your own tools, I never loan mine out. Just let me know when you've gotter done.
    Thanks guys yea I know Jim, I'll be right over, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but when it comes to my boat...I ain't going to mess anything up...I'm taking it to the Dealer and pay them to fix it right the first time....If I try and fix it and screw it up....it's on me $$$$ wise...If the Dealer messes it up, it's on them to repair any damage they do.....