Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Are we there yet???

One week away. Hopefully this time next week, Dad and I will be on Guntersville. Weather is looking great, hopefully the water is warming up!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are we there yet???

It is 55 degrees and climbing ... your timing is perfect!! Leave your wimpy rods at home a be sure to spool up with fresh 15 - 20 lb line.

Post Thanks / Like

Already spooled up and ready to go! Gone through my tackle too many times to count, going stir crazy! Staying at Ossa Wintha, any suggestions on somewhere close around there to snag a big un?

Post Thanks / Like

There are good weed beds and humps right out from where you'll launch. I got my 15# P-Line CXX broken by a monster within a few hundred yards of the launch last year. It has 25-30# break strength at least. I never saw it, but I couldn't turn it before it got in the thick weeds. North Sauty Creek, South Sauty Creek, Rosebury Creek all hold quality fish this time of year and are fairly close to where you are staying, just up river. Church House Slough is right across the river and barely upstream from Waterfront Grocery and Tackle on Hwy 79. It always has big fish in it this time of year. Be sure to post and let me know how many big 'uns you catch when you get back.

Post Thanks / Like

I will for sure post my results when we get back! Thursday morning can not come soon enough!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a "new" boat, so I'll be trying it out Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Actually I want to get the stink from some bass over 6 pounds on it to "break it in right". I'll try to give you some up to date info on Monday ...

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new boat! I will look forward to your report.