Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville report

I fished Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning this past weekend. Saturday I managed to land two 4-5 pound fish, a few short fish, and lost a couple of 3-4 pound fish right at the boat. I also had about a dozen fish slash at the bait but never get hooked up. The fish I landed or saw get off were all hooked in the edge of the lip or on the outside of the mouth. They seemed top be short striking. I tried different colors and different baits but it didn't seem to help.
    Sunday morning the wind almost blew me off the lake so I didn't stay long. I caught about a dozen fish but they were all short bass. The Xcalibur XR-50 was the ticket. I found water from 55-58 degrees but most of the fish were in the warmer water with good weeds. I fished in the Goose Pond area.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guntersville report

We are coming down the last of this month. We are staying at the state park. How long of a of a drive is it (by truck) up to the north Goose pond area?... I personal want to sight fish.

Post Thanks / Like

It's about 10 miles to South Sauty Creek from the state park. Then you'll have to cross the river and head upstream to get to Goose Pond. I'm not sure if there are any launches north of South Sauty until you get to Langston. I don't drive on that side of the river very often. It's been 10 years or so since I've been over there. You could do some sight fishing in Little Minky Creek or in Town Creek, which is really close to the state park. It's almost time for the white bass to make their spawning run to the back of Town Creek ... in case you want some fast and furious action. A buddy of mine caught a 9+ lb bass way back in Town Creek several years ago in the spring. Watch out for stumps and rocks waay back in the head waters of the creek.

Post Thanks / Like

TWO DAYS!!!