Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barren River Lodging

I am posting for my Brother in Law looking for some "Fisherman Friendly" Lodging around Barren. He is looking for a cabin or cottage that will sleep 2, with hookups for his boat outside the cabin, refridg/freezer that some tasty Hybrids could find their way as well. Nothing elaborate but nothing too Skanky. He is wanting to take his Dad down there on April 7, 8 and 9. He does not want to stay in a motel but will if necessary, looking to pay around $80-90 a night if possible. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren River Lodging

Only cottages I can think of are at the state park. No idea of costs or amenities. There's a 4 seasons bed & breakfast on 31E 3 miles south of Cumberland Pkwy, or Days Inn, and Comfort Suites, in Glasgow.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey enut, The lodge at the state park has cottages. I don't know how much they cost but i guess it depends on what time of year it is? State boat ramp really close and the lodge resturant is very good place to eat. I fish Barren a lot but live in BG so I have never stayed at the cottages but they look nice and I have eat the buffet at the lodge several times and it's good.

Post Thanks / Like

Suprisingly, there aren't many places to choose from in the Barren River Lake area. The state park is the closest place to the water if you are not camping. They have the only cottages to my knowledge. As another poster mentioned the Four Seasons is a bed and breakfast and its not too far of a drive from the Lake. They are fishermen friendly. I hear they have really nice rooms. The only two hotels in Glasgow are Days Inn and Comfort Inn and believe they are owned by the same person so their rates are identical. They do give a "fishermans" rate of $69 per night. If you have a camper, Bailey's point will get you right on the water.

Here is a link with cottage information
    http://parks.ky.gov/findparks/resortparks/br/accommodations/

Post Thanks / Like

I often put my boat in at the state park. The cottages look very nice from the outside and are close to the boat ramp and marina. I know that you can rent slips there. Some of my family from Ohio stayed there last summer and loved it there.

DA

Post Thanks / Like

The pic of the fish that you see in the top of my post came from there. I think that they would enjoy fishing there.

DA

Post Thanks / Like

The cabins at state are nice, not sure of the price. The only other options for cabins that I know of are owned by Lake front Properties. They have really nice log cabins at different locations on the lake. If interested in them contact Chad (270)622-8500, tell him Chris Elmore told ya to call and it might help a little. One other choice is the Executive Inn here is Scottsville. Its at the intersection of 31E and 231 about 8-10 miles south of the lake. Its a nice place to stay also. When are they gonna be here? If I can help give me a holler.